Thread: Fn .308 scar

Default Fn .308 scar

Anyone out there own a SCAR. Am looking to buy one and would like your comments.
    Thanks
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

If I had the spare cake laying around, I'd love to own one! A very cool gun. Have some friends who have them and they absolutely love them. The SCAR 17 is a ton lighter than an AR10. I guess the only downside is that all the cool modifications you can do to an AR10 are built into the SCAR. If I were to buy a carbine/tactical 308 I'd buy the SCAR.

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    If I had the spare cake laying around, I'd love to own one! A very cool gun. Have some friends who have them and they absolutely love them. The SCAR 17 is a ton lighter than an AR10. I guess the only downside is that all the cool modifications you can do to an AR10 are built into the SCAR. If I were to buy a carbine/tactical 308 I'd buy the SCAR.
    Ditto; I have never been a black gun fan(the SCAR comes in green, Ha!) but if I were to acquire another assault rifle it would be a SCAR 308. A friend has one and he loves it. I have had the opportunity to shoot it some and it made me a believer. If my ship ever comes in I'll get a scar.

Quite a bit of discussion on this over on www.falfiles.com.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I just picked one up a few weeks ago. So far it's got about 500 rounds run through it. It runs like a Ferrari. I've used all kinds of extra ammo I had laying around. I've gotten over 1moa accuracy but that has been with iron sights and an Acog. The ammo I was using was pretty cheap and god awful so I know she will do better with homemade stuff. I bought it as a battle rifle and possibly a new moose gun just for chits and grins. I have a Leopold scope calibrated for the 308 so I will probably try that in a couple of weeks, the Acog doesn't offer much for eye relief.
    Henry Bowman for President

I went to a local gun store and they had 2. The only issue I see is my close range vision cannot focus on the rear sight post, so some type of scope will be necessary. I am definitely going to buy one though.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.