View Poll Results: Which day will F&G publish draw results?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wednesday

0 0%
  • Thursday

2 2.63%
  • Friday (they day they promised to deliver them)

68 89.47%
  • Saturday or later

6 7.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take a guess, when F&G will post hunt draw results

Default Take a guess, when F&G will post hunt draw results

I think last year they put them out early. Years before that it was Friday at 5pm. When will it be this year?

They'll email them out early Friday morning, to try to keep their server from crashing at 4:30pm from everyone hitting refresh. That's my hunch

The new automated script to email everyone is an awesome improvement. I checked and last year I got my email at 2:55am. I still look forward to checking the list and congratulating friends at the end of the day when the list is published though. Another nice thing about the early email notification is that it gives me some time to digest the disappointment before the list is released and I find out which of my friends beat the odds.

I see that there's one hopeful person that voted for Thursday...my guesstimate is from 12:01 Friday morning till however long it takes to send automated e-mails out to all the applicants. I'll agree that the automated system they have is a great improvement.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Rumor on the street you have to enroll in the ACA before fish and game will send you the results and if your name is not on the list it's because you didn't enroll.

There is a thing about deadlines... People normally don't turn things in early. So I'm hoping for an email early in the morning in Friday. Maybe with a delta bison tag! Or tok sheep. Kodiak goat. Heck I'd be ecstatic with a Steese highway cow tag!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Rumor on the street you have to enroll in the ACA before fish and game will send you the results and if your name is not on the list it's because you didn't enroll.
    ACA? what is that? I don't remember getting an email last year maybe because of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken R View Post
    ACA? what is that? I don't remember getting an email last year maybe because of this?
    That was a bit of sarcasm I believe. ACA = Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare).

I voted Friday, but I wouldn't be surprised if they blew it and it was a week late or something.

I'm saying Friday at 5pm.

I've been really impressed with how well they've done in recent years. They didn't have to improve the system last year with the automated e-mails, but they did even without publicizing it. I'm expecting that they'll follow through with the date as announced - the question is whether I'll get coal in my stocking or a meat bag in my pack.

I am expecting early on Friday morning so I will be staying up late Thursday night. I have really liked the automated emails, especially if they bring good news!

My inside sources say early June.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Oops, wrong again. I just looked and did get an email notification. Good to know. And hope it isn't hinged on the ACA (thanks for the explantation anchskier!)--if its tied to ObamaCare then we are likely to never get the results!

I may be wrong, but the way ADFG has stated in their release date...it's by Friday the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken R View Post
    Oops, wrong again. I just looked and did get an email notification. Good to know. And hope it isn't hinged on the ACA (thanks for the explantation anchskier!)--if its tied to ObamaCare then we are likely to never get the results!
    Historically the ADF&G site has had more in common with healthcare.gov than we would like on draw day...

Quote Originally Posted by prong View Post
    I may be wrong, but the way ADFG has stated in their release date...it's by Friday the 21st.
    You will find that there is a lot of sarcasm going around this time of year, every year, related to the permit drawings. This thread is just another one of those posts intended to poke a little fun at the system. Although they have been good about getting the results out on or before the scheduled date the last couple years, it used to be pot luck as to when they would actually come out, which is what spurs these kinds of threads.

My brothers barber talked to someone who knew someone who was very high up at the ADFG. They heard that the ADFG hasn't finished rigging the drawing so that all their employees and friends of employees draw the premium tags, so the draw release will be delayed.

Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    You will find that there is a lot of sarcasm going around this time of year, every year, related to the permit drawings. This thread is just another one of those posts intended to poke a little fun at the system. Although they have been good about getting the results out on or before the scheduled date the last couple years, it used to be pot luck as to when they would actually come out, which is what spurs these kinds of threads.
    Spot on, as usual. But I have to say I surprised that I'm the only one that voted for Thursday. ??? Really?

Its good to see all the confidence in the dept's target date.

Not last night.....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast