Thread: Anybody know where to find winchester parts

Default Anybody know where to find winchester parts

I bought a New Haven model 70 300 RUM a few months back that had the magazine follower replaced by one from a 375 H&H. It's a completely different style than the stock one (I'm assuming it's an aftermarket, non winchester brand). The follower fits in the magazine, however every time I open the floor plate it just falls off the spring. Nothing I do seems to be able to keep it attached. I'm at the point now where I just want an original winchester magazine follower, but I'm having problems finding one. Anybody got any ideas on where to look? I've checked Midway, eBay, gun broker, and brownells, but can't find anything.

I'm also looking for a set of stainless sling swivel studs for a model 70. The stock that came with the rifle does not appear to be the one that came out of the factory. It has blued studs, but winchester used stainless with the stainless classic. I'd like to find a set of the right swivel studs to make the rifle correct.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Go to the Winchester website and order direct.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I've been trying to figure out how to do that, but they seem to have changed the site. They used to have a parts catalog that you could order from, but they aren't listing it for the model 70. I'm thinking Winchester isn't selling parts anymore or parts ordering has changed due to the model 70 being moved to Portugal. All I'm getting is a couple listings for obsolete parts dealers who have nothing listed for post 64 model 70 on their website.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I would give the parts dept a call. I just checked the website, and it has changed from what I used a couple months ago.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Yes you got to call but Winchester will have it. Numeich (gun parts of the world) likley has it also.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Midwest Gun Works (I believe) bought all the Winchester stock of spare parts. If it's not them, call Jack First in SD (605) 343-9544