Thread: Shed Hunting on the Peninsula? Anyone been out yet??

Default Shed Hunting on the Peninsula? Anyone been out yet??

Just moved to the peninsula late this fall and i am looking to get out and stretch my legs looking for sheds. I've never hunted down here so i was wondering if anyone could point me into the general direction on where i could start. Just to make it clear i am not looking for your honey holes!! Just a general area that could give me general idea of where to start??!!

Default Shed Hunting on the Peninsula? Anyone been out yet??

I've been out five times with the hope of finding sheds and have found moose every time and tons of fresh and older sign but no sheds yet. GREAT walking out there with the hard crust on the snow and mild weather, the occasional target of opportunity hunting thrown in as well so bring a pistol, shotgun, or 22 if you can. My suggestion is to pick a spot on the Kenai parcel viewer that is Kp borough land, wildlife refuge, or other non private outside of city limits and cover some ground. Good luck and I'll try to remember this thread if I find any sheds and post a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help BRWHUNTER! I might go check out some ground tomorrow!!

Been out multiple times. I have seen bulls with out antlers but no signs of the sheds yet.

Been picking sheds here on the kenai for over 20 years now, to say the least it's dropped dramatically. More lookers less Antler... Most honey holes have been picked clean all ready, my tip is hit the mountains with a spotting scope. Less pressure the further you go in. If anyone knows of people looking for sheds I have plenty..

Bear crawl, I am looking for some sheds. Dennis 841-4933

I've been out about half a dozen times since my last post looking for grouse hare and sheds. Still havent found a shed but the last time I made it back to the rd a stray pitbull mix came bounding out of the woods I had been searching with a shed in his mouth... couldnt have been a nice lab or pointer. Needless to say he got to keep the shed. haha.