Thread: Kluster of kings

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default Kluster of kings

http://youtu.be/hTcx69lO3tQ

Not the prettiest job on deck but the weather was awesome and we ended up with some fish!
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

You are a patient man Kodiak. Most charter captains I have fished with would have been expressing their displeasure at clients that let rods bang into the boat or anything else. Nice fish. Wish I was on the water myself and kudos to you for your patience with the clients.

Wow open water fresh ocean fish. only 400+miles away. great share dreaming of salmon tonite
    Got to look good even in defeat. IMAGE is everything.

Kluster Funk for sure. HAHA Love it, I thought that only happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by safari View Post
    You are a patient man Kodiak. Most charter captains I have fished with would have been expressing their displeasure at clients that let rods bang into the boat or anything else. Nice fish. Wish I was on the water myself and kudos to you for your patience with the clients.
    Those were my boys, but people generally will learn how to reel in fish once you teach em, the trick is to give clear and PROPER instructions, cause I;ve learned that they will do what you teach or do, but again sometimes we just screw up even we been doing all our lives!
    www.kodiakcombos.com

What Jeff said, also....and the men, especially husband hate it when I tell them that their wives will out fish them, and then at teh end of the trip...I'm right...They ask why...After 21yrs of chartering..... Women listen.....

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    Those were my boys, but people generally will learn how to reel in fish once you teach em, the trick is to give clear and PROPER instructions, cause I;ve learned that they will do what you teach or do, but again sometimes we just screw up even we been doing all our lives!
    Everybody has a goat rope every now and then. That is part of the story of each trip. Regardless, you are obviously one of the best king chasers out there and you know what is going on. I have deer hunted Kodiak several times but never fished the saltwater down there. Maybe it is time for me to change that. I look forward every night to checking the forum and seeing what you have posted for fresh kings. Keep it up!

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by safari View Post
    Everybody has a goat rope every now and then. That is part of the story of each trip. Regardless, you are obviously one of the best king chasers out there and you know what is going on. I have deer hunted Kodiak several times but never fished the saltwater down there. Maybe it is time for me to change that. I look forward every night to checking the forum and seeing what you have posted for fresh kings. Keep it up!
    Ha!! Tooo Funny!! Way to go man!! We would of broke them off for sure with a **** show like that on my boat.... Awesome clip!!

Charterboat Operator

Awesome job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    What Jeff said, also....and the men, especially husband hate it when I tell them that their wives will out fish them, and then at teh end of the trip...I'm right...They ask why...After 21yrs of chartering..... Women listen.....
    Agree wholeheartedly with this. Have taken many folks fishing on my boat down here - family, friends of family, clients, contractors, and sometimes even wounded vets as part of local events - the women ALWAYS pay careful attention to what I tell them, and more importantly, they WATCH how I do things, and then repeat it .... successfully! The guys tend towards 'well that's not how we fish back home' and have to reinvent the wheel (I've observed this tendency in myself and have had mixed results in correcting the problem).

By far the guys that do most damage to gear are the ones that say "Oh, I know how to run these let me help you" I'm learning to redirect them to keep a lookout for birds or dig thru this tackle box and find my hot lure, or here tie some rigs.
    www.kodiakcombos.com