Thread: product report

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default product report

We been trolling for whatever wants our spoons and herring, using wiggle fin flashers on the balls. We switched to just wiggle fins after the first 2 or 3 kings. Today we had a clusterfuk when we had a double, in the middle of watching Lance's king jump and me reeeling in my fish I †urned on my scotty high performance downrigger when the ball was at the surface already! Ive observed clients do it and it launches 12 pound lead weight about 6ft out from the boat. It was not a pretty sight to see that wiggle fin getting sucked down to the depths with that vinyl coat 12 weight! We continued to troll with a regular flasher on one side and a wiggle on the other at the same depth, same bait, still the cod and kings preferred the wiggle fin side.

Today the seaviewer camera had technical difficulties, well it started yesterday, but today it was useless! My luck with any underwater camera/DVR just sucks!! I called seaviewer while on the troll and kings hitting,they wanted me to send it back for a run thru! (*lucky we are heading out of state for a month this week for shows) I could not just send it back so I tore into the unit on the boat and found a bad RCA Y connector, Im not an electrician but when we wiggle that part it sends the unit for a spin. So tonight I ordered a couple of those Y connectors. They helped trouble shoot and were willing to check the unit out but the unit is like 30-40 pounds! Im sure it takes a beating going from here to Florida! and then back? I dont think so.

GoPro video to follow edited of course.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Sorry to hear about your camera. Doesn't that just pizz you off, spend good money and problems! Good to hear on the Wiggle Fin, you're using the large if I recall correctly? Think they will be in the boat this summer...
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Sorry to hear about your camera. Doesn't that just pizz you off, spend good money and problems! Good to hear on the Wiggle Fin, you're using the large if I recall correctly? Think they will be in the boat this summer...
    Some please make DVR/underwater camera that lasts more than a week, yes on the large wiggles, grn and blk.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Got my flashers in the mail today. I will try and get out this week and give them a go.

Leaving state this week for shows, need to find customers that can pay for my Fishin addictions! Good luck out there!
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    We been trolling for whatever wants our spoons and herring, using wiggle fin flashers on the balls. We switched to just wiggle fins after the first 2 or 3 kings. Today we had a clusterfuk when we had a double, in the middle of watching Lance's king jump and me reeeling in my fish I †urned on my scotty high performance downrigger when the ball was at the surface already! Ive observed clients do it and it launches 12 pound lead weight about 6ft out from the boat. It was not a pretty sight to see that wiggle fin getting sucked down to the depths with that vinyl coat 12 weight! We continued to troll with a regular flasher on one side and a wiggle on the other at the same depth, same bait, still the cod and kings preferred the wiggle fin side.

Today the seaviewer camera had technical difficulties, well it started yesterday, but today it was useless! My luck with any underwater camera/DVR just sucks!! I called seaviewer while on the troll and kings hitting,they wanted me to send it back for a run thru! (*lucky we are heading out of state for a month this week for shows) I could not just send it back so I tore into the unit on the boat and found a bad RCA Y connector, Im not an electrician but when we wiggle that part it sends the unit for a spin. So tonight I ordered a couple of those Y connectors. They helped trouble shoot and were willing to check the unit out but the unit is like 30-40 pounds! Im sure it takes a beating going from here to Florida! and then back? I dont think so.

GoPro video to follow edited of course.
    Got to send this box back, I found a Y connector and it still flickers the screen when I wiggle it, Lucky we head out of state for shows till April.
    www.kodiakcombos.com