Thread: Great land cheap,Best bear gun,easy sheep hunt,you favorite fishing spot

Default Great land cheap,Best bear gun,easy sheep hunt,you favorite fishing spot

Hey folks,
    I had just a couple easy questions. Could you please help me with a few things I need to know? First, what is the best bear defense gun? 2nd, could you tell me what the over all best rifle is for hunting in Alaska? Next, could you tell me where I can find some land real cheap that I can hunt and grow everything I need to live? Also, Could you please tell me some of the VERY BEST place to sheep hunt and catch a few halibut? I should mention that I want to be far away from other people but I dont want to have to go too far for the things I need.

Last but not least could you tell me if you think I have the general idea of the type of questions to ask of Forum members?

Yes to all your questions! Just turn left at the palm tree.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Very in depth question, well thought out !

After the palm tree turn left, proceed to Australia, all these things and more are
    possible here

Quote Originally Posted by bawanna View Post
    Hey folks,
    I had just a couple easy questions. Could you please help me with a few things I need to know? First, what is the best bear defense gun? 2nd, could you tell me what the over all best rifle is for hunting in Alaska? Next, could you tell me where I can find some land real cheap that I can hunt and grow everything I need to live? Also, Could you please tell me some of the VERY BEST place to sheep hunt and catch a few halibut? I should mention that I want to be far away from other people but I dont want to have to go too far for the things I need.

Last but not least could you tell me if you think I have the general idea of the type of questions to ask of Forum members?

I got 40 acres I'll sell ya, below tax value, remote but close to Willow. No road access but easy atv, snowmachine access (or dog sled) 30 of the 40 is high ground
    12 gauge for bear
    30.06 will kill any animal in Alaska
    Good luck with the farm
    Sheep???? Off the Denali Highway.
    Halibut? Out of Seward by Montague Island.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

1) "a doubled scoped triple barrelled heat seaking shotgun" 2) a .9700 SMUWM 3) "in a van down by the river" 4) lat 8675 lon 309 there are both in the same location, oh and there are no people, its lass than 30 min from where you are going to live and any store you want.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Quote Originally Posted by bawanna View Post
    Hey folks,

Sure. Bow and arrow for bear. Better yet jus Stab em with it, like true warrior. Besides, a gun will only spook away your plentiful game.
    you don't need to buy land, jus go set up your camp in bicentennial park right next to anchorage. Tons of giant bull moose, bears everywheres, yetis too! Plenty of good water and salmon/ trout in upper Campbell and Chester creeks. No need to do all that work makin a garden, just make raids into town, and take what you carry. Its wilderness but only 10 minutes to the liquor store. It's paradise.

Release Lake Trout

Wait. I thought .22lr was best all around gun. It'll drop anything with a shot in right spot.

First advise vise is to turn off reality tv.
    I don't have a handgun for bear yet. So I'll recommend 12 ga shotgun for those guys. .30-.06 for everything else. Heck you could even shoot bear with it. Cheap land is cheap for a reason. Halibut is good fishing on the yukon. We get big buggahs over here. I've heard best sheep hunting is at the zoo. But you have to run fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    Wait. I thought .22lr was best all around gun. It'll drop anything with a shot in right spot.

First advise vise is to turn off reality tv.
    I don't have a handgun for bear yet. So I'll recommend 12 ga shotgun for those guys. .30-.06 for everything else. Heck you could even shoot bear with it. Cheap land is cheap for a reason. Halibut is good fishing on the yukon. We get big buggahs over here. I've heard best sheep hunting is at the zoo. But you have to run fast.
    The Alaska zoo? Man they got tigers and wolves and bears aplenty, but they ain't even got a full curl ram..... 3006 will kill anything up here. But you hafta be super dramatic like on a reality show to make anything work right. Alaska is a real whore. She'll get ya thinkin you can move here and live off the " fattathaland" and you'll believe that this is true, just like you'll believe the North Koreans made a successful landing on the sun " at night".
    Idiots run amok in America these days

Release Lake Trout

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I would like it if I could dig for gold on my own land also. I dont want to have to dig very deep though cause the time it would take could be spent on the forum learning more