Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so ready!!!

Default I'm so ready!!!

I'm so ready to get out there and get on bait out in my barrels. I have 4 bags of popcorn popped and I'm ready! I am going to add another barrel (technically my hunting buddy will be adding the barrel) close to our existing stand and if we can find room, we will be adding 2 barrels.It'll give us 4 barrels to bait and watch and hopefully double our chances. I know one thing, this year I will pull out all the stops and hunt hard. I want bear meat in my freezer! I guess this is the year I try my secret weapon....
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Get that cinnamon bear!

I went through my hunting shed tonight and started gathering up my trail camera's, etc. to see what I need to buy/repair this year. I'm getting the itch myself - I'm so looking forward to hunting browns over bait this year!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I have got all my popcorn popped a new barrel all welded up with some supports so the brownies can't crush it. I got the itch also. Trying a new design this year to keep the barrel off the ground so the squirrels can't eat me dry. We will se how it works out. Tekla

I am so freaking ready to get out there! I have a feeling that this year will be a great year for bear hunting! I will be taking stock really soon and be buying more peeps and what not soon to add to my already impressive stock. I know one thing I need and I am going to look online to see if I can buy it in bulk some where. GOD I WANT TO GET OUT TO MY STAND!!!

Going to be in the high-high 30's and up to 43* and sunny for the next two weeks here in Paradise, Alaska.

On that note, does anyone know where I can buy Jello or Kool aid and sugar in bulk either on line or here in Fairbanks? Thats pretty much all I need before baiting. If I can get between 10-25 pounds, I wont have to buy any in awhile....

Sams club has the big containers of koolaid, and 25lb. Bags of sugar for dirt cheap

I'm looking forward to it this year as I haven't baited now in a few years. Already got some goodies in the freezer.

Found this in the old threads and thought I would share with everyone. I know this works, because this is my recipe and I have done it. Im gonna try and use Jello instead of kool-aid, and will let everyone know how much I used. It's cheaper than the bait em' balls and they work real good. i would make sure you use a hick plastic container to pour it into, that way you can cut it out once you get t the stand.

8 cups of karo syrup, thats 2 bottles, the big ones.
    20 cups of sugar
    4 cups of water
    let boil to 310 degrees, once it hits the 310, shut it off and add 4 cups of cool-aide. mix and poor into your molds. It hardened up in 8 hours and hung them at my stand the next day. Hope this helps everyone.

210, not 310 (water at this temp is called steam

310 is correct its making hard candy

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

200 lbs of beaver carcass, and 1500 lbs of Malted Barely from the brewery, dried molasses and 200 gallons of fryer oil on deck waiting... going big.. or staying home this year...

and if spring is like last year... home it will be.. -SIGH!-
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

This thread makes me want to start poppin! Just unsure if I want to add a little meat to the mix or not, seeings how a few brownies have made their way to the hit list

Vince you only need about 100lbs of beaver, I'll gladly take a 100 from you. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    200 lbs of beaver carcass, and 1500 lbs of Malted Barely from the brewery, dried molasses and 200 gallons of fryer oil on deck waiting... going big.. or staying home this year...

and if spring is like last year... home it will be.. -SIGH!-
    Is that left over from last years preperations? Didn't you post the picture of the truck and trailer full of dogfood?

Its a beautiful day, the snow is melting, and I have the bug! OMG, I want to go out and set up my bait right now!!! Man I am so ready for this hunting season to start!!!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    Its a beautiful day, the snow is melting, and I have the bug! OMG, I want to go out and set up my bait right now!!! Man I am so ready for this hunting season to start!!!
    Dude, you're going to drive yourself batty! Way too soon for spring fever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Dude, you're going to drive yourself batty! Way too soon for spring fever.
    Ha haha... that's what I was thinking.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Is that left over from last years preperations? Didn't you post the picture of the truck and trailer full of dogfood?
    yep i did.. most of it got used.. going with out dog food this year.. got a better deal ... and Free is always good !
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast