Thread: 16 B Moose Hunt

Default 16 B Moose Hunt

Anyone know if there is going to be a general Moose hunt in 16 B along with the Any Bull tag and youth hunts? Hearing rumors and can't seem to verify any of them on ADFG's page.

Nope they closed the general season hunt for next year. Hope you applied for one of those tags
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Thanks for the reply! You confirmed my suspicions, and yes I did apply for a tag now i just need to win the Lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Nope they closed the general season hunt for next year. Hope you applied for one of those tags
    Where is this information at? So, your saying that the general is closed (by emergency order?), and the permit hunt will continue for those that draw?

Any more info on this?

General season moose hunts will continue in 2014-2015 in 16B. The only changes have been the addition of a new youth opportunity (DM541) and a draw south of Skwentna (DM540).

I tried to call Fish and Game in Anchorage today. I spoke with who ever answered the phone. He said that a person won't know for sure until the regs come out.
    I am planning on calling the biologist at lunch and getting more accurate info. I will post what I find out.

I haven't been able to find the closure, but on the drawing supplement, there is a draw for "South 16B" residents only. If the general season isn't closed for "North 16B", I may have to figure out how to drag a moose across the Yentna or Skwentna River if I shoot him on the north side and he swims to the south side, .

What happens for the reverse? Who in the heck drew up that boundary?

I just spoke with Todd Renaldy ( not sure on the spelling of his name) he is the area biologist for 16 and the general harvest will occur along with the draw for any bull tags and the youth hunt.

Sorry guys my posty was meant to be sarcastic but as usual I failed to properly display that. The general season hunts are still continuing just like Searunner and SkookumJoe stated. Whenever you see draws added with lesser requirements than the general season hunts required(any bull tags, etc) that is because the bios are trying to target more of that species so they wouldn't be closing the general season tags.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Sorry guys my posty was meant to be sarcastic but as usual I failed to properly display that. The general season hunts are still continuing just like Searunner and SkookumJoe stated. Whenever you see draws added with lesser requirements than the general season hunts required(any bull tags, etc) that is because the bios are trying to target more of that species so they wouldn't be closing the general season tags.
    Yep, I would agree that logic would dictate that if you had "any bull" tags available, that would indicate too many bulls and a need to reduce those.....but I think I've been here long enough to know logic doesn't always dictate. Unfortunately, money, heredity, emotion, or longetivity rules our regulations in many cases. Biology seems to come in second to these many times.

Quote Originally Posted by DAllen View Post
    Yep, I would agree that logic would dictate that if you had "any bull" tags available, that would indicate too many bulls and a need to reduce those.....but I think I've been here long enough to know logic doesn't always dictate. Unfortunately, money, heredity, emotion, or longetivity rules our regulations in many cases. Biology seems to come in second to these many times.
    DAllen you must be joking when you say the BOG and bios are not using science to manage the various game species?