Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruze Trail from Willow Creek to Yentna

Default Cruze Trail from Willow Creek to Yentna

Anyone ride the Cruze Trail from Willow creek to Yetna recently and how was it? Thanks. Ken

Rode a section of it, it's hard and fast.
    Scratchers required.
    BK

Anyone have any significant info on the Cruz Trail? Did Cruz get the permits from DNR? Was Cruz out with cats and trucks after it froze up and before this snow? Does the Cruz Trail go all the way from the Deshka River to the Yentna yet? Is the trail from the drilling pad area west of the Deshka to the Yentna easy to follow? Or is it even in yet? Does a GPS track of the entire Cruz road exist, and is it shareable from anyone? It would be nice to check out the Cruz Trail at Iditarod time, so that's why I, and likely others, are wondering about it. Thanks.

Trail goes from willow creek campground west to around moose creek on the yentna. I have a gps track of it but not sure on how to share it. I'm not sure what they are doing this winter out there but I think the plan is to cross the yentna and keep going possibly. I'm sure when you find the trail it will be easy to follow since I'm sure they did a fair amount of clearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERY easy to follow.....groomed, ramps built where grade increases, etc....
    BK

Where is the best place to park to access the Trail. Is there parking at Willow Creek Campground?

Safe and secure parking at Deshka Landing.
    Head north a bit on the Big Su till you hit the Cruz trail, then West on the Cruz trail to the Yetna.
    BK

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

The trail begins where the Crystal Lake Road (the road to the Deshka Landing) leaves the Willow Creek Parkway which is not plowed down to the campground so there is no parking in the immediate area. The best parking to access the trail head is probably back at the community center in Willow where the Iditarod Re-start takes place. This means riding the trails over to the Trail Head but with one of the maps that are available that should be no big deal.

So if im running from deshka landing to the mouth of yenta is this the best route or can I follow the su all the way down?
    NRA life Member JVJ

Quote Originally Posted by akprideinvegas View Post
    So if im running from deshka landing to the mouth of yenta is this the best route or can I follow the su all the way down?
    Where are you trying to go??

Im looking to go about 5 miles upriver of the mouth of yetna where it meets the su. Thanks
    NRA life Member JVJ

What chu gonna do?

Just take the regular trail down the Su and at Scarry Tree hit the Yentna. The cruze trail would be a longer route for you it would be about 20 miles longer.

Awesome, what i was looking for. thanks
    NRA life Member JVJ

Garmin GPS track of cruz trail
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't open the attachment. What is the purpose of the trail? Where at the Yetna does it end? I need to haul some stuff to the cabin and the flats are dry.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

I was able to right-click on it and save it. The purpose of the trail is to access a drilling pad. Someone (forget who) is looking to drill for oil/gas in a few spots in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbuster View Post
    I can't open the attachment. What is the purpose of the trail? Where at the Yetna does it end? I need to haul some stuff to the cabin and the flats are dry.
    it is supposed to cross the river near moose Creek, just above the Big Bend...

Rode the trail this weekend. Outstanding from Willow Creek Campground to the Cruz Intersection. From the Intersection to Yentna was bumpy as hell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast