Thread: Face Time with Pcod

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default Face Time with Pcod

Trolling for winter king salmon in our regular spot didnt produce any today, but we facetimed with a hungry local cod! Enjoy.
    http://youtu.be/UrasKB4BNhI
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Cool. P cod look funny underwater as well as in the boat.

Interesting how the fish in these videos frequently swim up to the camera to investigate it before falling back to the bait. Sometimes makes me wonder if we all ought to be running cameras on the downriggers & clipping the bait/lure directly to that.

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

[QUOTE=Zeek the Greek;1368450]Cool. P cod look funny underwater as well as in the boat.

Interesting how the fish in these videos frequently swim up to the camera to investigate it before falling back to the bait. Sometimes makes me wonder if we all ought to be running cameras on the downriggers & clipping the bait/lure directly to that. [/QUOTe

Thats it! When I first got a underwater camera I only had 50ft of camera cable, so thaT ment 18ft down, then I learned with it being summer you can only see baits 2-3 feet behind the camera, and fish loved the camera!
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    [l

Thats it! When I first got a underwater camera I only had 50ft of camera cable, so thaT ment 18ft down, then I learned with it being summer you can only see baits 2-3 feet behind the camera, and fish loved the camera!
    Cool stuff!! You haven't noticed a decline of any sort running the bait so close to the ball and especially camera?

I want try with silvers but been afraid to do it with kings given how valuable and rare they are.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.