Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Drawing Hunt Karma Roll

Cool 2014 Drawing Hunt Karma Roll

The 2014 drawing results are supposed to come out Feb 21st. I decided to start a thread as a way to get karma. I figure that every body reading this can post and hope that their contribution to ADFG might give lottery wins. Probably, won't work but for anybody else. I would exchange 10 years of drawing permits for 1 Chitina Bison tag.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Well I wish everyone luck...except for the people that post phony "They're out!!!!!" threads. Even the phony "They're out for real this time!!!!" threads. For those people that can't think of an original joke, I think there is some bad karma coming your way.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the conspiracy threads regarding the people that collected more than one thread or the people that work for the state that got anything. Those are always fun. Almost as much fun as the math lessons that result.

Good luck everyone!

I'm getting so desparate that I started applying in other states...for hunts like dove, and squirrels...just so I can win something (yeah yeah, they're over the counter...but I call it a "win")...
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

3 years running and no tags drawn. Praying for a winner this year! Good luck to everyone.

Release Lake Trout

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    Well I wish everyone luck...except for the people that post phony "They're out!!!!!" threads. Even the phony "They're out for real this time!!!!" threads. For those people that can't think of an original joke, I think there is some bad karma coming your way.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the conspiracy threads regarding the people that collected more than one thread or the people that work for the state that got anything. Those are always fun. Almost as much fun as the math lessons that result.

Good luck everyone!
    I'm here to tell ya, working for the state won't get you a drawing permit. I'm speaking from a lot of years of experience!!!!!!

I wonder if they will be using the email system again this year. Kind if took the air out of most of the joke threads last go-round

When i picked up my goat tags I asked and was told they were,got mine at 5 am draw day last year don't think ill sleep well Thursday night lol

I think I'm not going to say anything in hopes of not jinxing myself .......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I'm pretty sure I won't sleep at all thursday night.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Didn't draw anything last year and then karma came and gave me a bison tag late in the season. Just remember that even though you don't draw there is always a chance for someone to turn in there unused tag for some one to get an opportunity. Wish more people would turn there unhunted tags back in. Good luck to all

That email last year woke me up when it hit my cell phone, when I saw what it was I jumped up, wide awake immediately only to find out I was wide awake an hour before my alarm was supposed to go off with the knowledge that I would not be getting a draw tag. So this year what did I do? I applied for even more draws. And I didn't remind anyone that I knew about the draw deadline and 5 of them had forgotten. So maybe my decreased karma for not reminding them will be offset by greater odds with those fewer entries?

All I ever wanted to do growing up is to catch a 50 pound Alaska King and kill a Kodiak Brownie. Chances are slim pickins for both.

I could be wrong, but I think they only do that for certain tags.

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    Didn't draw anything last year and then karma came and gave me a bison tag late in the season. Just remember that even though you don't draw there is always a chance for someone to turn in there unused tag for some one to get an opportunity. Wish more people would turn there unhunted tags back in. Good luck to all

Good luck Everyone, especially me. I do have to say I was a bit perturbed when they decided to leave it open an extra day and reward bad behavior but that's the world we live in now isn't it

I reduced the number of tags I put in for this year when I started thinking about the hunts I haven't done that I don't need a draw tag for. Feel kinda bad for reducing my donation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan22 View Post
    I'm getting so desparate that I started applying in other states...for hunts like dove, and squirrels...just so I can win something (yeah yeah, they're over the counter...but I call it a "win")...
    Me too,, I enjoy "passover" so much I want to enjoy it 3 times instead of just once.

Good luck to all.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    All I ever wanted to do growing up is to catch a 50 pound Alaska King and kill a Kodiak Brownie. Chances are slim pickins for both.
    Well you certainly don't need a draw tag for that! Go spend a week hunting the road system in Kodiak, take a king charter, odds are pretty dang good for both trophies.

Release Lake Trout

Well, found out my wife is expecting in the middle of Sept. So, given that information, I'm sure I'm going to draw the late Tok tag and the Koyo moose tag, that I won't be able to hunt.

Congrats on the little one. Hopefully I'll get the Eklutna goat or Eklutna archery sheep. Only 4 more days, good luck everyone.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

I am grateful anytime I draw a tag. It helps to fill the freezer and helps provide me with some much needed time away from reality. To be honest with you, I'm just as happy if my best friend draws and I don't. This year both my girlfriend and best friend put in for some drawing tags, and it would make my day to see both of them draw tags. If I don't and they do, I'm ok with it, just being their with them when they hunt will make my season worth it.

Good luck everyone!
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast