Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wool pants

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Just wondering how you guys felt they fit your size?

I used to buy surplus wool pants at Army/Navy but that was year's ago. The coleman's site indicates they have other sizes. How do they fit length wise? A 36 lenght would be great, if not high waters would work too.

Tim
    mine fit great....with a belt. I'm 32x32 usually. Wool is a must have under non-neoprene chest waders, IMO
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Sorry to raise this from the dead but....

I was in 6th ave last week and saw wool pants made partially from "recycled" wool. Whatever that is. Anyone have any ideas on what that is and how durable it would be. $90 a pair for pants or bibs. Forrest green color only.

last year was too warm to wear the wool pants but I put them on this morning a +6F when I went for a walk in my new snow shoes Santa brought me. They were warm but just alittle bit snug when you do that funny walk in snow shoes. Other than that they were/are a great buy!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Codet, LL Bean and the Woolrich Malone pants are all good quality. I used to have a pair that were high in the back and covered the kidney area real well. Can't remember who made them. Darn old age.

Seems like fleece and other stuff has taken over the hunting clothing line. I still find a good pair of machine washable, medium weight wool pants to be durable, warm and my favorite moose hunting pants.

6th avenue outfitter had a few pair upstairs at their outlet store, mostly larger sizes tho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12