Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wool pants

Default Wool pants

Went to a few stores in town and couldn't find much for thick wool pants. Does any one know where they are hiding at? Want to get a pair for underneath the snowmachine bibs

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I've been using east German military surplus wool pants for years for climbing, snowshoeing, etc.....super warm and easy on the wallet....

http://store.colemans.com/cart/east-...rs-p-2800.html
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

did you try mt. view sports........ I know 6'th ave outfitters has them, might be factory seconds.

If you can find the Codet pants made in Canada they are heavy weight and good quality and should be under 100 bucks(maybe 80ish on sale). I like them better than Filson or Woolrich which are more than double the price.

I think I saw some nice wool stuffs in Cabella's bargain basement. Also, did you check Army/Navy...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Ya army navy didn't have anything. Cabelas? Didn't think they were open

Sent while partying

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    Ya army navy didn't have anything. Cabelas? Didn't think they were open

Sent while partying

Sorry, I meant to say online....

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    Went to a few stores in town and couldn't find much for thick wool pants. Does any one know where they are hiding at? Want to get a pair for underneath the snowmachine bibs

Sent while partying

I quit wearing bibs most the time. Too heavy and hard to move in. Wool is great, just not my thing. I overheat fast even in extreme cold and I hate sweating under heavy gear. I just started using a good quality base layer, then a pair medium weight rei fleece pants, secured/ bottoms tucked in by heavy duty knee high socks then I put my boots on and wear a pair of water/ wind proof rei shell pants. Pretty much duplicate the same up top. I Can ride all day in -20 temps and stay warm, comfortable and dry. I use rei becuz it's really much cheaper than other top selling brands and from what I can see and as hard as I use it, it holds up **** good. Just giving up suggestions. Hope you find what you want!

Release Lake Trout

Yeah i guess I just need a good mid layer thing. I rock smart wool so base is good

Sent while partying

I use these guys... they are super soft and very warm. I only use them from about late November till Breakup down here on the coast otherwise they are too warm. They are great under Grunden bibs on the boat too!

http://www.ccsutlery.com/store/produ...utmk=266761102

Mountaintrekker

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaintrekker View Post
    I use these guys... they are super soft and very warm. I only use them from about late November till Breakup down here on the coast otherwise they are too warm. They are great under Grunden bibs on the boat too!

http://www.ccsutlery.com/store/produ...utmk=266761102

Mountaintrekker
    I guess you're SOL if you're not 36"x36". I'm not quite that big.......lol

I don't wear wool

Never had a problem will mil-sup
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks for that site, Mtntrekker. Real wool garments made in USA for cheaper than a used Filson on e-bay. Awesome!

Don't really know why you'd wear bibs over heavy wool pants. Anyhow, I've been running ll bean wool for a few years now. Their guide wool pants have a wind shield type material. They are uninsulated so you can layer, but the wind breaker is a must for machining. Lately, I've been wearing them with no underwear! Too warm round here, especially running the dog sled. the jacket has a touch of primaloft insulation. both are very heavy material, should last 15 years or more:
    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64239...ductId=1068446

TMI Mainer TMI

Just bought some East German Commie pants from Coleman's and they only have a few left and only in XL if anyone is interested. Their web site is not working so give them a call at 888-478-7758.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    I've been using east German military surplus wool pants for years for climbing, snowshoeing, etc.....super warm and easy on the wallet....

http://store.colemans.com/cart/east-...rs-p-2800.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Just bought some East German Commie pants from Coleman's and they only have a few left and only in XL if anyone is interested. Their web site is not working so give them a call at 888-478-7758.
    Just wondering how you guys felt they fit your size?

I used to buy surplus wool pants at Army/Navy but that was year's ago. The coleman's site indicates they have other sizes. How do they fit length wise? A 36 lenght would be great, if not high waters would work too.

Tim

Mine haven't arrived yet. The woman I talked to when I ordered told me they only have XL and they are running low...all I can say about that.

If these are reasonable quality I'm happy having them taken in to fit my currently shrinking waist...never know when it will grow again. Length is another issue but I'd rather have them up out of the mud.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Mine just arrived...nice looking dress pants and are pretty much a 40 waist and 30 length and may be a little itchy if you are bothered by wool on bare skin. They are big enough for me to wear silk or smartwool under them and still feel "crowded" in them. For the money...great wool pants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast