Thread: PSP is killing the kings!!!

Default PSP is killing the kings!!!

Well, maybe. Certainly nothing conclusive, but interesting food for thought, certainly seems plausible as a major factor that is definitely not accounted for in current discussions.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...fe-populations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes very interesting !
    The beach adjacent to my property on Kodiak Is. is a sand lance spawning bed. In the late 90`s and early 00`s there was very little spawn or noticable population. From about 05 to this year the area has been crawling with them. They literally slither out of your foot steps when you walk on the beach on a falling tide. They usually spawn in October during the big tides.
    We have been eating them deep fried in bater. About like a hooligan and taste like what you put on em. I hope this is not just another grant sucker looking for a free ride exploiting the lack of king salmon. I think I will reconsider eating anymore for awhile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10-12-07 spawn 002.jpg   snd lance spawn 11-05.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1 View Post
    Yes very interesting !

I hope this is not just another grant sucker looking for a free ride exploiting the lack of king salmon.
    Thinkin' along the same lines. This just diverts attention and money away from doing something about things we already KNOW kill salmon instead of chasing a hypothetical "maybe" that we can't do a **** thing about.

What if we find it's true and having an impact? Do we implement a bounty on sand lance? Pursue widespread application of pesticide to kill the vector plankton? GMAB.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Media being irresponsible again. Nothing conclusive.

If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt-Hunter View Post
    Media being irresponsible again. Nothing conclusive.
    Seriously? You think it's irresponsible of the media to report on anything, unless it's "conclusive"?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Like I said. Now go ahead and give me your long winded reasoning why I would be a better person if I would listen to irresponsible news.

News should hold a higher standard than the National Enquirer and the local cafe gossip booth. When your entire article is riddled with could, possibly and maybe, rumors of inconclusive bs soon become public facts.

If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.