Thread: State Rifle

Default State Rifle

This has the potential for starting a fight:
    http://www.newsminer.com/news/alaska...a4bcf6878.html
    Louis Knapp

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    This has the potential for starting a fight[...]
    The only fight it should start is over who will replace this guy. This is the second year in a row this Senator apparently has had nothing better to do than waste time with this frivolous buffoonery.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    The only fight it should start is over who will replace this guy. This is the second year in a row this Senator apparently has had nothing better to do than waste time with this frivolous buffoonery.
    Agreed. And they complain that they can't possibly get their work done in a 90 day session.

You got my vote, no wonder young people don't care about politics...

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

That guy is MY Legislator.

I shall suggest to him that he spend his time more wisely.

Maybe, he is just pandering, by letting folks think that he is a "Gun Guy".

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I agree, it is pretty darn silly. Go for it Taiga, not a bad racket! http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...urpasses-88000
    Louis Knapp

Fire them all!!!!
    have no use for any of them.
    term limits is what we need

Things might be different if the capital was accessible by more people! A face to face has more weight than a email.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

With all the problems this state has and he wants to establish a rifle? Whats the point? How does it help us Alaskans? do I agree the rifle is a great one, yes, but it doesn't help with the budget or anything else legistation wants to screw up
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    With all the problems this state has and he wants to establish a rifle? Whats the point? How does it help us Alaskans? do I agree the rifle is a great one, yes, but it doesn't help with the budget or anything else legistation wants to screw up
    Agreed. If doing an Alaska State rifle why pick an old gun from New England that does nothing for Alaska. If your doing this figure some way Alaska binafits from it or move on to something of binafits! I could go for some type of official state rifle seal Alaskan made rifles could use, something like the made in Alaska seal but maybe a coin to imbed . . . State gets some money and guys like me get a marketing tool to import more lower 48 money.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Agreed. If doing an Alaska State rifle why pick an old gun from New England that does nothing for Alaska. If your doing this figure some way Alaska binafits from it or move on to something of binafits! I could go for some type of official state rifle seal Alaskan made rifles could use, something like the made in Alaska seal but maybe a coin to imbed . . . State gets some money and guys like me get a marketing tool to import more lower 48 money.
    This is a GREAT idea! Look at the success of the Ruger Alaskan revolvers. I have a friend in the lower 48 who bought an Alaskan. Has never been here and has no plans to visit. But he loves the idea of an "Alaskan" gun. He always talks about his "Alaskan bear gun" to other people. Great idea.

I wonder what rifle was the most numerous, in the old days, say from purchase to statehood.

Krag rifle, in 30-40 Krag?

94 Winchester, in 30-30?

One of the other LAs?

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Andy, great answer. And I had thought there were not any good answers to this question.

What you boys up there need to do is start a rifle making company and start making some good ole Mauser type CRF's with claw extractors like so many of ya'll like up there. Call it the Alaskan Bush Rifle or sumthin.

I nominate Smitty as CEO and Andy as chief of marketing.
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams

MR:
    Andy is already a Manufacturer.

I would function best, as Kibitzer.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.