Thread: advice on building a mini

Default advice on building a mini

my son and I are planning on building a mini airboat, but I could use some expert advice before we get started. We are thinking of a 5' bottom and 8' to 12' long and made out of 1/8" aluminum. my question is, would a 24 hp Honda 4 stroke horizontal shaft push this boat with 2 people and light gear? also where is a good place to buy small props and part? we are trying to keep the cost of the build as low as possible. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trapperdan

My name is skip olsen and if you want to call me I can help you out or point you in the right direction. 907-322-3291

Trapperdan,
    If you haven't found Southernairboat.com, there is a wealth of info there on mini's.
    Skip is your man when it comes to info and help. Call him.
    BK

Mini Airboat Association Forums is another good source.

Thank for the info guys. Skip I will try to give you a call this weekend. It sounds like you are the guy to run some ideas passed.

Default Mini power

I have a 12' long by 6' wide mini. It is aircraft alamunim. I run a 582 rotax with a reduction. It is about 65 hp. It pushes it just fine.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com