Thread: 2014 BOG FBX...Sitka or kuiu?

Default 2014 BOG FBX...Sitka or kuiu?

Ok so whos wearing what? Im playing it safe with a sitka top and kuiu pants!

I can't make it up but if I could I would go with cotton pants and a down jacket cause I'm a risk taker

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Ok so whos wearing what? Im playing it safe with a sitka top and kuiu pants!
    Man... Sitka is SO 2010. Get with the program man. They don't even make sleeping bags. KUIU down the line.

Although I understand Barney's Super Cub jackets are acceptable substitute on these kind of formal occasions if your KUIU is still backordered.

Yk

That reminds me of the Anchorage AC elections a few years back. There was a really contentious set of issues and candidates, so folks were out in force from a number of different orgs. The approved list of candidates was being handed out by both sides - the people in camo were being hit up by one side, the folks in Patagonia from another. I might have missed one or two others, but as I watched I'm pretty sure I was the only person in the place that wasn't handed a list of who to vote for. I guess they couldn't place me - no camo, no hemp...what to do with that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by whitepalm View Post
    Send him for pizza?
    Only if he gets beer money as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    That reminds me of the Anchorage AC elections a few years back. There was a really contentious set of issues and candidates, so folks were out in force from a number of different orgs. The approved list of candidates was being handed out by both sides - the people in camo were being hit up by one side, the folks in Patagonia from another. I might have missed one or two others, but as I watched I'm pretty sure I was the only person in the place that wasn't handed a list of who to vote for. I guess they couldn't place me - no camo, no hemp...what to do with that guy?
    I believe I was at that one also. Lots of camo and the issue was with SFW.....

"Oh it doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you are there...."
    -Martha & the Vandellas

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    "Oh it doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you are there...."
    -Martha & the Vandellas
    "So come on every guy, grab a girl, Everywhere, around the world, There'll be dancin', they're dancin' in the street."

Hey look out......we're REALLY showin' our age now......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    "So come on every guy, grab a girl, Everywhere, around the world, There'll be dancin', they're dancin' in the street."

Hey look out......we're REALLY showin' our age now......lol
    Well, mostly I heard that tune covered by the Dead in my misspent youth...
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Dancing in the streets-- Martha and the Vandellas !! nice thoughts!!

Back on the subject- My old Filson pants look like they have made their own camo, from all the blood and mud as well as my "dryazabone " oil skin parka from Australia. Just learn to be still and become part of your cover. Good gear dose not wear out. Hell I still wear L.L. Bean pack boots. Works for me.
    Goo

Sitka is the clear winner between the two but the real winner was cabelas!

no kryptek love? stuff was invented in Fairbanks! First lite is pulling at my heart strings, though!

Another "trick" for us that do not have $ for asian made camo. gear- you can just take what you have and do your own design with urethane spray paint cans - black-brown-white-green-ect. Have done this on Louisiana shotguns, Alaska rafts, rain gear- Trick is get it real clean first then use alcohol To clean the sprayed area- personal I like to use Russian vodka as the cleaner. Lot easier to get friends to help on the rafts!!!
    Works for me-
    Goo