Thread: Thoughts on the Yamaha Viking SxS?

Default Thoughts on the Yamaha Viking SxS?

I'm looking for thoughts/impressions from anyone who has put the 2014 Viking through its paces. Specifically how it handles in real trail conditions, hills, and tight trails.
    "Your papers are not in order"

No first hand experience here but my impression of the Viking is its HUGE! Not gonna be very maneuverable in tight trail conditions. Personally I think yamaha missed the mark here and made a farm/ranch vehicle instead of the hunting/recreational use crowd that the rhino was a better fit. Look at Honda, they halted production of the Big Red which the Viking is similar to and made the Pioneer My .02

I only had a test ride in the Viking and it was very loud...obnoxious enough for me to avoid buying it. Agree with you mjm316. The Pioneer is much quieter. I think the Viking's size is partly due the past Rhino lawsuits. Gonna stay with wheelers to fit the trails I ride and fit my needs.

+1 on the Pioneer. I love the 4 seat option, and Honda reputation. That being said I have no experience with the Viking, and can only tell you what I ended up buying based on my needs. It may be worth taking a look. I believe Dirt Wheels Mag did a comparison of the Pioneer, Viking and Ranger in their latest (March) issue. It may be worth reading also.