Thread: From camouflage animals to camouflaging a human???

Default From camouflage animals to camouflaging a human???

I too have seen moose seem to "appear" out from behind a 4" spruce in the middle of a swamp. and have been terrified by a flying ptarmagin who allowed me to get too close before flushing.... so what kind of camo would everyone recommend? understanding that in a perfect world, you could have multiple patterns for different locations. But if you must choose one, which would it be?

It's called concealed movement by Mother Nature Inc. Blending a fine combination of natural hues the subject lays dormant until the light gathering aprati of said prey deviates. Then the fine design of Concealed Movement (TM.) is optimized.

Make sure you carrying the AOD approved 50 BMG for bear protection too!

Interesting as this was my reason for the other thread. I was wanting to choose a pattern of camo for a rifle. and figured the most covert way to gather in-put was to ask about animals. As to your question, it seems to me that most camouflage is TOO Busy, and is intended to please the human eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlak2fl View Post
    I too have seen moose seem to "appear" out from behind a 4" spruce in the middle of a swamp. and have been terrified by a flying ptarmagin who allowed me to get too close before flushing.... so what kind of camo would everyone recommend? understanding that in a perfect world, you could have multiple patterns for different locations. But if you must choose one, which would it be?

Cabelas outfitter "blob-o-flage" is one of the best patterns I have come across for mountain hunting. There were many hours during my sheep hunt that my partner could not see me for hours at a time even though I was in clear view of him.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    Cabelas outfitter "blob-o-flage" is one of the best patterns I have come across for mountain hunting. There were many hours during my sheep hunt that my partner could not see me for hours at a time even though I was in clear view of him.
    I tend to buy all my hunting clothes in camp if it's convenient and if I could do it I've I would pick that pattern for all of them. I have one fleece in that pattern and I've darn near lost it several times because it blends with everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk