Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When is Cabelas set to open?

Default When is Cabelas set to open?

The store looks like it coming along, can't be all that far off now.

I saw an announcement that said April 10 at 11:00 am. On their website.

I'm not sure I'll make it!!! Noticed Bass Pros is plodding along at a ridiculously slow pace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    I saw an announcement that said April 10 at 11:00 am. On their website.
    That's what it says on the building. Its just down the street from my office, have noticed a lot of truck/container activity heading that way. Looking forward to being able to sneak over there at lunch once a week to browse.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

My oldest daughter has landed a job at Cabelas and is in training right now with an opening date of 4/10. She is excited and is looking forward to the experience. I was very impressed with the compensation package they are offering and not just the $. They are offering tuition assistance so dad is impressed!

On top of that I spent $3800 last year just on new tents alone at Cabelas for my outfitting service! Having the store here will save me a ton of shipping cost and great gear for my clients!

Go Cabelas!

Walt
    www.northwestalaska.net
    Drop Camps and Flaot Hunts
    Unit 23-Kotzebue
    907-259-4290
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have to work the Grand Opening week, but that's fine as I hate crowds. Will get to visit at the end of April and see how they did.

http://www.cabelas.com/stores/store_...p?pageName=052

As for Bass Pro... they are not being very impressive at all. They were supposed to open last summer and even held a job fair in July to get employees. Still ain't open. Just tried to look up the Anchorage store on their website and got a splash screen that the Bass Pro site is down for maintenance. They are still working on the place and the outside of the building keeps getting bigger with active construction. I'd be quite surprised if they are able to beat Cabelas to their opening and that's going to be bad news for Bass Pro. If they are somehow able to get the place open at least a week earlier than Cabelas, they might have a decent opening. Either way, I doubt it will effect Cabelas.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

So does anyone know if can we expect a stocked ammo section in the new cabelas store? If anyone were to have a reliable ammo distributors you'd think it would be cabelas.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWHUNTER View Post
    So does anyone know if can we expect a stocked ammo section in the new cabelas store? If anyone were to have a reliable ammo distributors you'd think it would be cabelas.

It will be stocked for about 5 minutes.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Ya'll still have ammo hoarders up there in Anchorage? I thought we had moved beyond that.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I wonder when the "GRAND CLOSING" of the Anchorage Sportsman's will be..........???

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I wonder when the "GRAND CLOSING" of the Anchorage Sportsman's will be..........???
    Well just maybe it will be good for all of those up there in Anchortown.......all the other stores will all be having big sales to keep people coming in the door....???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I will NOT miss Sportsman's, but I will miss Mountain View Sports........

I wouldn't get too excited just yet about Cabelas. I used to shop at the store in Lacy Washington, it seems that I could never find what I wanted, I'd then cross over I-5 and find what I needed at Sportsmans. Lots of Brick-a-Brack junk at Cabelas. You'll probably be pretty well set if you want turkey stuff and bass lures. It will be interesting to see if they have locals help them select the merchandise, or if the corporate people will decide what you guys need.

Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    You'll probably be pretty well set if you want turkey stuff and bass lures. It will be interesting to see if they have locals help them select the merchandise, or if the corporate people will decide what you guys need.
    Walmart went through the same thing when they opened. Store was full of bass fishing gear. I hooked my father in-law up for Christmas that year. New tackle box full of crank baits picked up on clearance for .75 cents each. ($6-$8 each retail). If Cabela's is dialed in to Alaska from the get-go, Sportsman's is in for a rough ride.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I think Cabela's knows because they have been filling Mail orders here to Alaskans for 30 years. They know exactly what we buy. Plus I have a Cabela's visa card so they know even what I buy from all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    January 2015
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

They are accepting online orders for free shipping to store already but it appears that this will not be an option for ammunition.

It could be that they intend to tweak the website to allow it for ammo but for now it is restricted.

For now I have to continue to hope that Cabela's or others retailers will stock the ammo that I want.

Yes......about right, If Sports Authority goes down also......that is going to be a near empty mall, with no anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    January 2015

I'm not sold on the notion of Sportman's impending doom.

I remember folks predicting the certain death of Spenard Builder's Supply when Home Depot moved in.
    Little more than a decade later we have 3 Home Depot stores and 3 Lowes stores and SBS is still humming.

I doubt if Sports Authority has much to fear from Cabela's unless they start to carry softball cleats and soccer balls. Right now they pretty much own the sporting goods and clothing market for thousands of youth and adult athletes. They sell a huge share of the skiing and snowboarding gear in this town as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanderthal View Post
    I'm not sold on the notion of Sportman's impending doom.

I remember folks predicting the certain death of Spenard Builder's Supply when Home Depot moved in.
    Little more than a decade later we have 3 Home Depot stores and 3 Lowes stores and SBS is still humming.
    SBS never went through bankruptcy and closed half it's stores. Sportsmans just did that couple years ago. They closed stores in the same towns that Cabelas, Bass Pro and Gander Mountain were either doing business or have since moved into.

Although I dislike Sportsmans and full expect them to close, I hope they don't. There is no downside to them staying in business.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast