Thread: Fly-in ice fishing recommendations ??

Question Fly-in ice fishing recommendations ??

Hello,

A friend of mine offered to take us out in his Super Cub this weekend for a little ice fishing. I have never had the opportunity to fly out somewhere for fishing so I am at a loss of where to look for good remote fishing. I am considering somewhere in the swanson river canoe area or heading out towards lake louise for lakers. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on good lakes that are only accessible by plane. Rainbows, lakers, or char are what we're looking for. Any suggestions on specific lakes or just areas would be much appreciated. He is providing the plane and I am suppose to be the guy who "knows where to go"...as far as road accessible places go I am very knowledgable, But when the whole state is fair game, it becomes overwhelming to try and narrow in on a good area that will make our flight worth while. Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated. PM me if you want to keep something a secret. We'll be flying out of anchorage and would like to keep it within an hour flight one way. Thanks in advance!

Fly out to alexander lake. A friend of mine just got a 48" pike out there. If I can find the pic I'll post it. It was the largest one he ever caught. I've never been there in the winter but in the summer it's awesome pike fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it's easy you're doing it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_AK View Post
    Fly out to alexander lake. A friend of mine just got a 48" pike out there. If I can find the pic I'll post it. It was the largest one he ever caught. I've never been there in the winter but in the summer it's awesome pike fishing.

and that will be the last fishing story he tells you......

There's plenty of pike in that lake it's no a secret. The game and fish nets alexander creek every couple years to try and eradicate them but it's a loosing battle. The more people up there fishing them the better.

If it's easy you're doing it wrong