Thread: Local Velbon tripod dealer?

Default Local Velbon tripod dealer?

In reading through a number of old threads, I'd like to try out a Velbon tripod - ideally at a local dealer where I can compare models side-by-side. Stewart's Photo no longer carries them - any other ideas of places that might?

Not sure of a dealer so no help there but, I just got the Maxi M off of Amazon prime for $119 w free shipping (usually runs around $135) and a Manfrotto 494 Ball Head for $63 with two extra QD plates. FYI, If you decide to go with that head you will need a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter as the tripod has 1/4 male threads. It is just over 35 oz so a little on the heavy side; the tripod without the head weighs 25.5 oz and the head was just under 10 oz. However, it is solid and I love how quick and easy the legs drop in and out. I briefly used one last year and decided that the easy of use and increased stability (mainly based on the 494 Head) was worth the that the weight (I was running a Slik Mini II at 25.3 oz) Best of luck. Greg

Thanks for the info, Greg. The info on the head is really helpful, as I wasn't really clear on what I was getting standard on the Maxi M versus adding a head. I appreciate the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Thanks for the info, Greg. The info on the head is really helpful, as I wasn't really clear on what I was getting standard on the Maxi M versus adding a head. I appreciate the advice.
    i should have been more clear you do not need a true adapter although they do make one; you can actually use a bushing which saves weight. In fact if you decided to pull the trigger just drop me a PM with your address and I will drop one (of the below) in the mail as I have four extra. I am going to do my best to attend the Pizza Man gathering and if I do I just bring it to you... Just let me know.

Sunwayfoto Stainless Steel 1/4-Inch to 3/8-Inch Tripod Adapter / Bushing TN-1 TN1 5