Thread: Carolina Skiff 1965 pricing

Default Carolina Skiff 1965 pricing

Thinking about selling my 1992 CS due to playing more in the salt. What is a fair asking price? It is all console based controls with a '92 88SPL jet hanging off the back (<100 hr). Very clean but very basic, runs great. Thanks for any insight, I know it is only worth what someone will pay, but I don't even know where to start.

A good place to start might be Craigs List and some of the online used boat sites checking in Carolina, Florida, Texas too where CS's are used a lot as a flats boat. Not much info here, and can't figure out what kind of motor that is. Seems you had been using this in rocky, shallow rivers since it has a jet, which doesn't match up with being a fiberglass hull?? Another thing you might consider is a trade, looks like you are in Alaska and that is a common way to do business there. The condition of the motor is crucial, otherwise you just have a hull...and, is there a trailer? Condition will be pretty essential all around since the boat and motor are over 20 years old...but only <100 hours?? Sounds like it has mostly been a yard/garage ornament! If it has sat a long time with water in it or just in the weather, a cautious buyer would be concerned with fiberglass delamination.

The engine is an Johnson 2 stroke (one of their most popular motors to date, known for reliability). I had the jet put on for pike fishing/running the flats up in Minto AK. The boat does have a trailer and is in pristine condition. The motor has VERY few hours, but put on about 10 out at Harding lake and it ran perfect this past year. It is the same power head as many other Johnson/Evinrudes (80, 85, 88, 90, 112, 115 and 140 all v-4s) so finding a prop should not be too challenging. The boat has been under covered storage its whole life, no water, no fading on upholstery, no delam or soft spots. Thanks for the help Cap'n, its just a tough market to gauge up here as there aren't many Carolinas even using adhuntr. May just need to hold on to it, registration is cheap. As you said, it is nice shop decor and the daughter loves "driving" it parked.

Similar boats:
    http://eastnc.craigslist.org/boa/4229586515.html
    http://savannah.craigslist.org/boa/4289626905.html

Those two listings show pretty beat up motors and trailers. Wish yours was in S. Carolina or FL, and I had a place there, I'd buy it in a minute for flats fishing! After looking at those listings for around $5K, I'd ask a lot more for yours given your condition report. Really, list it on CL or elsewhere for what you would feel good about getting for it, and don't take less. If it doesn't sell, continue to have a little fun now and then plus let your daughter drive it a little on the water ~~~~ speed dependent on age and skill