Thread: What's your favorite 480 ruger powder?

Default What's your favorite 480 ruger powder?

I've played with H-110 & Lil Gun with Lil Gun being the favorite so far due to more consistent velocities (especially in cooler weather).
    Anyone using others with good results?
    I shoot 400-420gr hardcast.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

H-110 lit off with a CCI-350. Did you by chance put a lighter hammer spring in your gun? I did find when I put a lighter spring in my gun ignition was inconsistant in cooler temps so I went back to the factory spring and no more problems.

As I recall I've put 3#'s of H-110 through my 480 and 1# of Lil-gun. I've heard of Lil-gun sometimes causing pressure spikes and increased forcing cone wear so have stuck with H-110. H-110 has provided excellent accuracy and very predictable and linear pressure with increasing charges. It's been nearly 10 years since I did my chrono work on the 480 so I don't recall any significant differences in velocity deviations between H-110 and Lil-gun with 390-410 gr bullets. I did find H-110 was inconsistant when I tried to hot rod my 310 gr cast loads.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

I've done about 500 rounds through my .480 SRH. I just don't think you can beat H110 with large magnum pistol primers. Right now, my bear load is 400gr ALOX coated hardcast over 21gr H110 hard crimp right behind the back of the cannelure and primers sealed.

I've never found anything better than LilGun in large handguns. H110 is close but it isn't vary good in the cold. N110 is one I've not tryed but is said to be very good by knolagable folks, you been H110 and LilGun so N110 would be next on the list.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I started with 296 but switched to Lilgun when it came out. Really like it, have close to 2000 rounds through it without a hitch. Jim