Thread: HONDA TACHOMETER identify wires

Default HONDA TACHOMETER identify wires

Hi,
    I have purchased a Honda Outboard tachometer with no instructions. I have attached a photo of the tach. Could someone
    help me identify the wires on the back of this tach. I am hoping to hook this tach up to my 2008 Yamaha 50HP Tiller. Thanks.

hondatach.jpg

I dont know if its the same deal or not but i had a mercury with the same thing goin on got the motor with no tach. Get on google and lookup what colors they use for what there might be a legend or somthing. You could youtube it also very useful or if beither of those work out pay somebody you could fry your electronics

Did not find any helpful information one site said you need a tack harness another mention a couple of wires. I think it time to talk to the people who sold you the tack or honda.

Post some pics of the back side where the wires come out close ups

Quote Originally Posted by kylejohnson View Post
    Post some pics of the back side where the wires come out close ups
    the guy has not been on the site for more than two weeks. One post and he is gone.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Thats alright sometimes other things are more important than boats hes probaly just not interested at this moment in time. Hel be back ice is getting soft