Thread: Thermoelectric generators

Default Thermoelectric generators

I was just cruising ebay and there is a guy selling thermoelectric generators for about $25. Look to be about 100 watts. It would be a pretty good power source for an off-grid place. For $100 you could replace a solar panel an it works in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i looked for a while for the items you mentioned. all i could find was 15 watt models for $299. if you get a chance, it would be helpful to have a link.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/310148993913?nav=SEARCH.

I'm just seeing the standard little guy. I'm currently in the works building a large generator panel as a prototype to generate 90Watts continuous at 400 F and my costs are about $900.00 to do it right. You can't really slap these things on and expect them to go without some engineering and fiddling. The little one on ebay has operating ranges, not actual production numbers. In order to get the output you need to make the conditions as ideal as possible. for these to operate.

Mountaintrekker

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaintrekker View Post
    I'm just seeing the standard little guy. I'm currently in the works building a large generator panel as a prototype to generate 90Watts continuous at 400 F and my costs are about $900.00 to do it right. You can't really slap these things on and expect them to go without some engineering and fiddling. The little one on ebay has operating ranges, not actual production numbers. In order to get the output you need to make the conditions as ideal as possible. for these to operate.

Mountaintrekker
    Curious how you're setting yours up.....heat source, application...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Mountain trekker, I'd love to see more details of what you are working in.