Thread: Where can we get a pike?

Default Where can we get a pike?

I live in Anch and want to try to catch pike this weekend with my 10 yr old son. Anyone know of a place with holes left in the ice (I don't have an auger). I'm assuming a drive to the valley. Also, what line and bait/lure? Thanks.

Hit up fire lake! Most ice fishermen out on the ice will drill a couple holes for you to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Woolf recommend fire lake in eagle river it's been good fishing lately. For line I've been using 10 pound test, while fishing I've used tip ups with whole trolling herring while jigging with a small tube jig with small cut bait. Fish on the far end of the lake away from the parking area. I will be out their tomorrow all day I'd be willing to show you the better spots.

fire lake is pretty good but its recently been really cloudy so havent been catching anything

I went out to fire lake last weekend and the water was real dirty and didn't catch any pike. Talked to some other fishermen and they got one or two each but it is not like it was earlier in the season using whole herring with tip-ups and cut herring while jigging. Hopefully the water gets better and you can catch some near the island on the far end away from the parking lot.