Thread: Delta Bison

Default Delta Bison

So a couple of buddies and I are heading up to Delta Jct. next week looking to fill one of those special Bison tags. I was wondering if anyone had any information where they might be hanging out or where they have been as of late.

Thanks

Because they've been known to "wander" a little bit....lol, best thing is to ask around when you get there. People are friendly and seem to be pretty forthcoming with that info......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Go to fish and game office in delta they will be able to provide info on where to go and who to contact.

Probably won't get much help either way but, why don't you fly around ?, not to look for buffalo, but to find a camp spot next to the buffalo, and hunt the next legal day when possible, That way you can make sure they aren't on private property too.

We have fresh snow .......drive the roads early in morning and look for fresh tracks.

I saw no fresh tracks on Alcan or Sawmill Creek Road yesterday and Barley Way is impassable.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Probably won't get much help either way....
    What do you mean......by asking around town or going to F&G? I know for a fact that when we were there, we asked people everywhere we went and if they didn't know a few of them actually called their friends to ask them. Like I said, most folks, at least those we talked to, didn't mind offering up the info. But that was quite awhile ago so maybe that's changed?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I've hunted around Delta for several years and have to agree that most will assist if you ask. You also have a list of the land owners that will provide insight as to where the bison's been sighted. They travel a lot so visit the property owners and see what they have to say. We spent a week in early October looking for them and didn't meet anyone that wasn't willing to help. Knock on doors versus calling.... Good luck!

As you get later in the hunt, the herd most likely will move over to the Donnely Dome area, at least that was our experience. I know of some good spots over there if you find yourself hunting in March.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

well heading up tomorrow, thanks for all the in put. I was just trying to get a running start on location if possible. Thanks again.