Thread: Explain what this means is simple terms

Default Explain what this means is simple terms

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Sounds like the intent is to make "self-guided" clients fall under the same restrictions as fully-guided clients.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Self guided meaning a guy using his privately owned boat with his family? What there definition of self-guided
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

The target group, I believe, is clients that pay an outfitter for use of a boat/gear/bait but no "guide" physically on board.

This is not meant to restrict a private guy taking his family and friends, even when those family friends kick in for gear/bait/gas.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

There's a growing number of outfits that are commercial lodges--providing boats, gear, equipment for profit, and instruction to guide their clients into fish. They were calling themselves self-guided, by guiding them from shore or by shouting across the water. This rule is intended to clarify that definition so that people providing commercial guide services (and their clients), are regulated as such, whether or not the guide is physically on the boat.

This shouldn't have an impact whatsoever on most self-guided operations. It should only affect those guide operations whose business plan was based on guiding clients into fish by radio or with a chase boat.

Private boats or even rented boats shouldn't be affected at all.

Wink

This is a popular "business plan" at some BC lodges and Doc Warner up in Gustavus where they have "Fish Master boat" on the water with the "unguided anglers".
    Last edited by Alan Sloka; 02-09-2014 at 21:09. Reason: typo