Thread: 2013 big boss tire size

Default 2013 big boss tire size

Iím thinking about getting some new tires for my 2013 big boss 6x6. Iíd like to step up to a bigger tire but donít know how big I can go without spacers. I was thinking about either carlisle ACT 26x9x12 fronts 26x11x12 rears or possibly ITP Mudlite XL in either 26 or 27Ē tires. I donít really want to get different rims if I donít have to.

What is everyone else running on their big boss 6x6?
    Attached Images Attached Images

From the research I've done the MAX tire size on the newer 6x is 27". I'm also considering new tires and would like to hear what others have found to work/not work so well. I was considering the Outlaw MST until I checked the price for 6 of them and getting them to AK via Carlisle. Close to $1500...
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

check amazon, i found those carlisle ACT on there for less than 800 shipped to ak. 27s would be cool as long as they would fit, they are no wider than the 26 so would probably fit.

I have 589's and Outlaws for 2 other machines I have ut went with Pitbull Rockers in 8 ply radial for my 2013 Big Boss and couldnt be more impressed with an overall do everything tire..they performed awsome last hunt season. The are sized in half sizes but the true hieght is a half inch taller than stated so the 25.5's I went with are a true 26". They are spendy but WOW.... I likey!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those pitbulls look pretty sweet. What make is that brush guard, than thing looks really stout!

Google Atv Guru for the brush gaurd....its made for function and not just looks,quite stout indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by cwoods View Post
    I have 589's and Outlaws for 2 other machines I have ut went with Pitbull Rockers in 8 ply radial for my 2013 Big Boss and couldnt be more impressed with an overall do everything tire..they performed awsome last hunt season. The are sized in half sizes but the true hieght is a half inch taller than stated so the 25.5's I went with are a true 26". They are spendy but WOW.... I likey!
    Wow! Are those ever spendy!!! They sure do look like a nice compromise between a true mud tire and a trail tire though. We're there any others that you were considering before you chose the rockers?
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

I kinda knew I wanted to go with the Rockers or Growlers when I got the machine. The Pitbull Growlers are supposed to be more mud oriented but the more reviews I read put the Rockers ahead in that area as well. Ya know, I bought a Ranger Xp used that I had for a while that had 27" Inovva Mud Gears on it that impressed me quite a bit, no idea on price but that may be worth a check.
    The 589's are a great long lasting tire for up here I just think they got a little outdated by all the new rubber out there and one has better choices now days. I love my Ou5laws as well and for a minute contemplated putting them on the 6by since I have a new set for a 4 wheeler and would only need to buy one pair but in the end I wasnt sure how fast I may eat em up if I rode a bit of hard pack on the heavier Big Boss....they sure would look mean on it though! With the added two wheels a turning just about any tire would make your Big Boss about unstoppable IMO. Those Rockers though.....wow-zer....

I have a 2011 Big Boss 6x6. I run Mud Lite XL's, 26x9x12 with one inch spacers on the front and 26x12x12 on the rear. I believe they are 6 ply on the bottom and 4 ply on the side. If I had a 4 wheeler and spent most of my time on rocks an 8 ply would make sense. I can feel a little power loss but it is very small. They do very well in the mud, especially compared to the OEM tires. There are a bunch of tires on the market so It comes down to what ever tread design strikes your fancy. I also have the ATV Guru front bumper with brush guard, the Python model for the Sportsman. I can't picture any thing any better and it is easy to put on.