Thread: Woodridge xp?

Default Woodridge xp?

Just wondering if anyone has driven or taken a ride in the new sj powered wooldridge xp. Curios how the handleing, load hauling and shallow water performance are like.

Quote Originally Posted by monte007 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has driven or taken a ride in the new sj powered wooldridge xp. Curios how the handleing, load hauling and shallow water performance are like.
    A friend here in Whitehorse bought a new XP this past summer. It has a 150 ETEC on it, so not quite what you are looking at, but he has been very happy with it in all respects. Very nice boat.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Thanks for the info doesn't look like many people have got the chance to take a ride in one of these.

Default 2014 21' x 7.5

IMG_0482.jpg
    I have a new 2014 XP 21 x 7.5 with an e-tech 250 that I use for bowfishing, river fishing, etc... We just had it out for the first test run and it handles better than any SportJet I've ever been in. My buddies own a Phantom and SJX and my boat will out handle any of them. My boat has a tone of extra weight in it like a kicker generator 5 lead acid batteries 101lbs trolling motor..... I assure you it will run very shallow and haul more weight than you'll ever want. Performance results from GPS was about 41mph @ 5500 and Handled like it was on rails! Canít wait to get it back in the Potholes!
    Check out there youtube channel they did some load testing

http://www.youtube.com/wooldridgeboat

Here's some performance specs on a 20' XP 440 powered by a Merc Sport Jet (This boat is available to be seen at Marita's.) Glen

Quote Originally Posted by rich944 View Post
    IMG_0482.jpg
    I have a new 2014 XP 21 x 7.5 with an e-tech 250 that I use for bowfishing, river fishing, etc... We just had it out for the first test run and it handles better than any SportJet I've ever been in. My buddies own a Phantom and SJX and my boat will out handle any of them. My boat has a tone of extra weight in it like a kicker generator 5 lead acid batteries 101lbs trolling motor..... I assure you it will run very shallow and haul more weight than you'll ever want. Performance results from GPS was about 41mph @ 5500 and Handled like it was on rails! Canít wait to get it back in the Potholes!
    Check out there youtube channel they did some load testing

http://www.youtube.com/wooldridgeboat
    I saw your boat at the show in Puyallup last month. Very nice build! I'm guessing I may see it up in the dunes at potholes or a few other areas bowfishing. I'm sure you'll have many years of fun with that beauty.

Scott

Thanks again for the info. I saw that xp on maritias's web site nice looking boat. I'd like to get down there to take a look at it but it's a long drive from fairbanks just to look at the boat. I'll have to to tell the wife I'll take her shopping.

If your seriously considering buying an XP SJ then it's worth your drive to come check out the XP 440 at Marita. I feel confident in saying that you are not going to find that boat new, at that price, anywhere. I have not personally driven the XP SJ, but currently own A 20' Alaskan XL SJ and love the way it handles and performs. Happy boat hunting.

I know there is an inboard 23ft XP in Fairbanks with a 6.2Chev and a 212, not exactly what you are looking for, but I bet Wooldridge or Ellamar on here could get you in touch with him.