Thread: experiences with the 350 remington magnum

Default experiences with the 350 remington magnum

just picked up a model 7 seems like a nice light weight, yet powerful rifle. Anyone on here hunt with one. How has it worked for you and what has been the best bullet choice in weight.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbear View Post
    just picked up a model 7 seems like a nice light weight, yet powerful rifle. Anyone on here hunt with one. How has it worked for you and what has been the best bullet choice in weight.
    Seems the 35 caliber rifle cartridges (35 Win, 351 SL, 356 Win, 358 Win, 35 Whelan, 350 Rem Mag) never gained a foothold in North America with the exception of perhaps the 35 Rem which has a small but loyal following.

I used to own a short barrelled Remington bolt action (660 ?) with a laminated stock that I sold after a year.

It's my favorite cartridge/gun I've never had! I love .35s. Had a couple of 35Whelans & wish I had kept the last one (Ruger mod 77 MK II paddle stock). Currently have a 358 Norma Mag. The 350 Rem mag is the original short mag. Wish Had one in a light compact rifle.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

My Dad had a model 600. I was fascinated by the laminated stock and short & ribbed barrel. It was absolute "murder" on elk. I finally got my hands on a model 673. I really like the .350 Rem. mag. cartridge. I put a 1-4X20mm leupold scope on mine which is nice for moose and bear hunting in brushy areas. I don't consider it a "long range" rifle but am satisfied to 200 yards. For serious hunting, I prefer the 225 grain nosler partition bullet. I am getting around 2700fps out of it. The 200 grain round nose bullets are fun to shoot and would work well for many hunting situations. I like to load 158 grain bullets occasionally for "plinking". Despite it's reputation as an abusive cartridge, I've found the recoil to be completely manageable. I'll bet that your little model 7 is going to work out well for you. Have fun with it!