Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sleeping Bag on the market

Default New Sleeping Bag on the market

Well, if you're like me, you've been waiting for this news for some time....

I'm pretty stoked to see that they have 3 different models available.

http://store.kuiu.com/category-s/1844.htm

Seems like not much lighter than other bags....I was hoping for a little lighter than this.

Richard

I'm really encouraged to see them take this step. Those prices hurt a bit, but we'll see... I'm testing their super down jacket and pants, and if those seem to be as good as I hope, I'm sure I'll take the plunge on the sleeping bags as well.

They sure are proud of em!!! If I'm going to spend that money it will go to an American made product.

I like their stuff, but much cheaper waterproof down bags on the market that are much lighter. IMHO,,
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I like their stuff, but much cheaper waterproof down bags on the market that are much lighter. IMHO,,
    But are those cheaper bags filled with waterproof Quix down, contained in a waterproof shell that is 4 way stretch. As painful as it is, high tech is high dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by pa 5-0 View Post
    But are those cheaper bags filled with waterproof Quix down, contained in a waterproof shell that is 4 way stretch. As painful as it is, high tech is high dollar.

I think you pay a lot for that sheep head logo on the hood.
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I think you pay a lot for that sheep head logo on the hood.
    My wife would definitely agree with you Sir, though I do love every one of those logos in my closet. Gonna have to wait for you to field test the new bags. Just a touch out of my price range. I hope you hate it so maybe I can buy it used!!

Don't get me wrong, I think Kuiu makes some great clothes and I have a bunch of it. I just think they are getting into stuff that is not ready to be released. Their packs have a horrible track record, on the 3rd or so frame and still is failing. The boots aren't getting very good reviews and 750 bucks for a zero degree bag is well,,, ridiculous. You can get a lot of bag for that kind of coin,, they do look sexy I will give them that. But come on,, 300 bucks more for some extra down??? I just don't see it, my 2 cents, worth what you paid for it.
    Founding Member

Brings to mind the old saying "a fool and his money".

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    Well, if you're like me, you've been waiting for this news for some time....

I'm pretty stoked to see that they have 3 different models available.

http://store.kuiu.com/category-s/1844.htm

Seems like not much lighter than other bags....I was hoping for a little lighter than this.

Richard
    The specs say "100% POLISH GOOSE DOWN " My sister had 4 daughters. Three of them happen to marry fine polish gentlemen.
    One Christmas I sent her a box of Cheerios saying these were Polish donut seeds. The instruction was to dig a hole 6 feet deep
    pour the box of cheerios in the hole and add a 50lb bag of sugar. Water daily. If after a month they fail to sprout, dig them up and re-bury them in another hole. LOL

hmmm, thinking I will keep my Marmot Helium!
    "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

Too far out of my price range. Guess I'll stick with the MH Ultralamina for a few more years.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

WOW! Yeah, I think my 20 year old cats meow will continue to work just fine! I think I have passed that point in sheep hunting where spending as much $$ as you can doesn't produce sheep.

Just bought a similar bag through Camofire.com. It is the Backside Down Under 0 degree. It has what is call X-Fiber. The look and feel is great, and I look forward to trying it out this year on a Brooks Range caribou hunt. The normal retail is $325 - $350, for this bag, but on CamoFire, I got it for $149 plus shipping. If you're not aware of CamoFire, look it up. I've bought several items the last 5 or 6 years through them, and it is all quality gear, and very big discounts. Knute

What are these guys smokin. $450 for a 30 degree bag????

Their pricing isn't extremely far off from other elite brands/bags on the market. Either way it's too rich for my blood but I can see where they are getting their price points from.

Just selling a name. Kind of like ****-ka gear. Over priced gear that makes people feel like they are invisible, but doesn't perform any better than walmart camo.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Just selling a name. Kind of like ****-ka gear. Over priced gear that makes people feel like they are invisible, but doesn't perform any better than walmart camo.
    Boy isnt that the truth, $500 for a rain jacket, there is not always a correlation between expensive gear and quality.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sourdough Expedition:Attachment 76694

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    Too far out of my price range. Guess I'll stick with the MH Ultralamina for a few more years.
    lol you really need that in Maryland?
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast