Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a copy of Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers

Default Looking for a copy of Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers

Hello,

I preparation for a moose/bear float hunting trip in 16b this year, I'd like to get a copy of
    Michael Strahan's book.

It is out of print and I can't find a copy anywhere.

Anybody have one they would like to Sell, Rent, loan.

1st born and wife available for trade lol

Thx
    Bill

I've been digging around the internet for a while and keep coming up empty. Found one website selling it, placed an order, and was called the next day saying they were out. I hope someone here has one for you. Good luck.

Scott

Bill, Is there a particular reason you want the Strahan book? IMO Hunt Alaska Now by Dennis Confer is much MUCH better. And your wife would probably appreciate it too!

Quote Originally Posted by extrema View Post
    Bill, Is there a particular reason you want the Strahan book? IMO Hunt Alaska Now by Dennis Confer is much MUCH better. And your wife would probably appreciate it too!
    Oops actually I haven't read Strahan's book. I am confusing it with Larry Bartlett's book. So my comment was meant to compare Bartlett and Confers' books. Sorry for the mistake.

Regrettably, "Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers" is currently out of print. The publisher has provided no indication when it will be available again, though it was his top-selling title. I will keep the site updated when it is available again. If anyone would like to get on the list for their copy, please email me directly at <lostcreek@ak.net> and I'll take care of that for you.

Meanwhile I've placed some of my seminar material by the same title on the main site, in our float hunting section. For those needing detailed assistance, I'm happy to do that through my consulting service. Just email me at the address I listed.

Regards,

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

As I have stated in other, similar, threads, your library can get this book for you for a nominal fee (usually just the media rate shipping) through Inter Library Loan (ILL) from the public libraries in Kodiak and Fairbanks, AK. Go to Worldcat.org and search for the book by author name. Print out the ISBN, Call, info and etc., and take it to your local library. If you're in the lower 48 it may take some time, but the Anchorage library (which, remarkably had no copy of their own) took about a week to process the request and wait for the Kodiak library to ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    As I have stated in other, similar, threads, your library can get this book for you for a nominal fee (usually just the media rate shipping) through Inter Library Loan (ILL) from the public libraries in Kodiak and Fairbanks, AK. Go to Worldcat.org and search for the book by author name. Print out the ISBN, Call, info and etc., and take it to your local library. If you're in the lower 48 it may take some time, but the Anchorage library (which, remarkably had no copy of their own) took about a week to process the request and wait for the Kodiak library to ship it.
    I had no idea the Anchorage library didn't have it (another publisher thing). I'll try to get it to them when it's back in print.

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Where's AGL4NOW? Maybe he'll have a copy for sale at the market rate--Like $300-400 since they're hard to get--unless you're too cheap.

Here is the info on requesting book thru library:
    Document Type:
    Book
    All Authors / Contributors:
    Michael Strahan
    Find more information about:
    ISBN:
    9780916771232 0916771237
    OCLC Number:
    Notes:
    "Featuring detailed information on fifty float-hunt adventures for beginners to experts"-Cover.
    Description:
    538 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
    Responsibility:
    Michael Strahan ; foreword by Christopher Batin ; illustrations by Brian Knowlton.

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Where's AGL4NOW? Maybe he'll have a copy for sale for the market rate--Like $300-400 since they're hard to get--unless you're too cheap.

Brilliant!

I have a copy, shall we open the bidding at sayyyyyyy...........
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I have one too!

In the spirit of AGL, I say we open it up at $199.99!!

If we all sound off with a copy that could affect the price... where's FLA's for our econ 201 course??

I'll sweeten the deal, a cigar wrapper bookmark, included, but that'll bump it up to $225.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    I have one too!

If we all sound off with a copy that could affect the price... where's FLA's for our econ 201 course??

Hahaha... If I could figure out how to send a rep point from my phone you sir would get one for sure.... Only after he posts it he will then make another thread complaining how everyone is cheap no good so and so's because they don't want to buy his book at more than market value, it's only been read like 7 times so it's in still new shape.

Life is too short to pass up a day of hunting

[QUOTE=tccak71;1364996]I have one too!

I did a little research and you may be giving it away.

You guys are killing me lol

Just trying to get as much info and insight on what I can expect on my trip this Sept. Any other thoughts on other books that are a good read on this topic? Thx
    Bill

Expect as far as?
    Conditions overall or hunting conditions?

Karen Jettmar (sp?) has a very extensively written river guide book.

I've done a lot of state side DIY elk and a few guided elk deals. Mostly with a bow. I'm an OK hunter but I don't consider myself that good. I'm in ok shape at 39 but am pushing thru the 1st round of p90x3 and am training for a 1/2 marathon in May. I've never hunted for brownies (killed a couple of blackies over bait with my bow) or moose. So, I'm looking for a good read(s) that detail a float hunt, tactics, calling scenarios, gear recommendations, etc. I just am trying to absorb as much as I can about others float hunting trips to help prepare for my 1st.

Larry Bartlett would be a good author on those very topics.
    I'm fairly certain his DvD's on the subject would be very helpful. He does his own research and is a wealth of firsthand knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill in MI View Post
    I've done a lot of state side DIY elk and a few guided elk deals. Mostly with a bow. I'm an OK hunter but I don't consider myself that good. I'm in ok shape at 39 but am pushing thru the 1st round of p90x3 and am training for a 1/2 marathon in May. I've never hunted for brownies (killed a couple of blackies over bait with my bow) or moose. So, I'm looking for a good read(s) that detail a float hunt, tactics, calling scenarios, gear recommendations, etc. I just am trying to absorb as much as I can about others float hunting trips to help prepare for my 1st.
    You will find a lot of the info you are looking for in Confer's book.

I have Jettmar's book, it is geared for the greenie crowd which she is solidly one of. She got caught stealing fossils and guiding thieves to fossils and was convicted. Her book gives info on quite a few rivers but she is negative on hunting and even fishing. I believe she used to work in some capacity with the National Park Service. Your money would be better spent elsewhere IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast