Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Fishing Tournament!!!!!! February 15th Finger Lake!!! Lots of Prizes!!!

Default Ice Fishing Tournament!!!!!! February 15th Finger Lake!!! Lots of Prizes!!!

The 477th Fighter Group organization isconducting their Third Annual IceFishing Tournament at the Palmer Elks Lodge on Finger Lake on February 15th, 2014 ( 9am-3pm). They are an elite group ofArctic Reservists at JBER/Elmendorf AFB that fly, maintain, and support theF-22 Raptor. The organization is made up of full-time Air Reserve Techniciansand Traditional Reservists. The framework of their Group consists of Alaskancitizens that sacrifice one weekend a month and 15 days year for military duty.The members regularly volunteernumerous hours in support of Alaskan communities. These volunteerefforts include monthly food-line service at Beans Cafe, Glen Highway clean up,participation in local school events, working with Girl and Boy Scouts, medicalsupport to remote villages, Anchorage Special Olympics, VFW, Hunters EducationPrograms, ELKS, Toys for Tots, the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon, raising moneyfor the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Alaska, coaching various high schoolsports programs, and many more.

The organization is hoping to make thisyear's tournament the best ever and turn this into the largest Ice FishingTournament in the state. Last year there were 500 participants in the event.The Alaska Healing Hearts will also be participating in the event this year.

The tournament will also be doing a raffle atthe event. Some of the items they will be raffling off:
    Jiffy Propane Ice Auger
    Rafting Trip
    Train Tickets
    Aqua-Vu underwater camera

DON'T FORGET YOUNEED YOUR 2014 FISHING LICENSE FOR AGES 16 AND OLDER. Fishing Holes will bedrilled FREE for those without augers!!

In two short years the tournament hasgrown by 100% - this year they are looking to grow the event even more and theyreally focus on making this a family event every year. They have separate categories for Adults andYOUTH. With the main focus is being on the youth. They recognize everyyouth who participates.

And the BESTPart is all children 12 years of age and under participate FREE with a payingAdult.

Let's all help the troops who do so much for our communities and non-profit organizations by taking the whole clan, YESMOMMA TOO, for a great day on the ice with a lot of great folks

1st Place Adult Category is going home with over $700 worth of gear/items. Kids category prizes are stacked also. There will also be several prizes handed out through out the day if your the first one to catch a fish that's on the prize list. So every fish you catch could potential be a winner.

Adult Prizes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for longest fish caught during tournament hours.

Children Prizes (12 and Under) 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for longest fish caught during tournament hours.

$15.00 entry fee, 12 and under free!!!!

Concessions available/holes drilled for free!!!

For more Information:
    Check out the 477th web page and like us on Facebook. Let us know if your planning on coming to the Ice Fishing Tournament. http://www.477fg.afrc.af.mil FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/events/1437...437025/?ref=22

Do you know if registration can be done any part of the day? I can't get out there till close to noon.
    The secret to fishing is: Fish where the fish are.

You may register for the derby any time between 830-3pm.

If you need any help I'll be more than happy to help

matt c your more then welcome to help out! We need a lot of help spreading the word about the derby.

Sounds fun. It's my daughters birthday that day. We'll move the party to Finger lake!

Can we run a registered snowmachine on the ice?

There shouldn't be any issues. I know there is a trail that people ride on and run snow machines through and on the lake all the time.

Just so everyone knows we will also be having a $5 lunch special, hamburger or hotdog chips and a drink.

Free. Hot Chocolate available too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Can we run a registered snowmachine on the ice?
    Absolutely no snow on Finger Lake. No problem taking the truck out there. It is ice skating smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMike View Post
    Absolutely no snow on Finger Lake. No problem taking the truck out there. It is ice skating smooth.
    The troopers have no problem with this? We used to run trucks on that lake in the 80's but after they built the park I figured the put a stop to it. If we can drive I'll bring the big Chevy!

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

The troopers have no problem with this? We used to run trucks on that lake in the 80's but after they built the park I figured the put a stop to it. If we can drive I'll bring the big Chevy!
    I drove out on the ice there yesterday to try out my new auger. I didn't measure, but there is probably +/- 20 inches of ice. There were a few vehicles, one was a wildlife trooper truck.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Yah. I'd say at least two feet. But it better not be as windy as it was out there today! A little eery driving onto ice where you can virtually see the bottom and the big cracks running through it...but I guess you just don't see it with the snow. I know its always there.

A quick video of the day. 14 land locks in an hour between two kids and one rod in under an hour. A few underwater shots and one shot of my son having to get "saved" by my daughter when he couldn't make it back with the ice so slick and the wind blowing so hard.

The 15th of February is going to be lucky day for several participants!!!

We have over 100 prizes to hand out not including 1st-4th place awards and Raffle prizes!!!!

Can we show after 9:00am but before 3:00 or do you need to be there at 9:00 to sign up?

Can we show after 9:00am but before 3:00 or do you need to be there at 9:00 to sign up?
    You can show up anytime between 830-3pm to register. Event starts at 9am.

Can't wait to see you all out there. We need to get way more members to this event.

Quote Originally Posted by LIVIN907 View Post
    Can't wait to see you all out there. We need to get way more members to this event.
    Thank you!!!!

The weather is looking good for Saturday hopefully the wind will stay away. Remember the derby is from 9-3pm so you can sign up through out the day. We have lots of prizes to hand out!!!! Every youth who participates will be recognized at the end. Every fish you catch could potential be a winner!!!! We are going to be serving up a great lunch special for only $5.00. We are also have over $4,500.00 in raffle prizes!!! Limited amount of tickets and there only $5.00 each.

There will be a $5.00 off registration coupon being handed out at ladies night at Sportsman's Warehouse Wasilla on the 13th February. Yes the coupon is only for the lady since it is ladies night!!!

Even if you don't want to fish Saturday stop by and say hi, and have lunch with some of the Airman from the 477th and the men and women of the Alaska Healing Hearts program.

Ice conditions on the lake is around 28" in most locations. The Ice is very slippery so bring the ice cleats.

Any word on if we're going to be limited on driving on the lake?

I love hooking.

We can drive out there. Like jfchallenge06 said bring your ice cleats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast