Thread: Russian Hertiage Inn or Shelikof Lodge Kodiak

Default Russian Hertiage Inn or Shelikof Lodge Kodiak

Hi,
    Which motel would you recommend in Kodiak, Russian Heritage Inn or the Shelikof Lodge? Does anyone know anything about Kodiak Island Charters?

Thanks in Advance

When in Kodiak I always stay at the Best Western. Nice rooms, full bar, good food and breakfast is included. Never worked with Kodiak Island Charters before. If you want a real once in a lifetime try the R&B Lodge in Karluk (http://www.fishinginternational.com/...alaskarluk.htm). It's great!!! Used Island Air for the flight and had a wonderful time. Ronnie and Betty are great hosts and Ronnie is a exceptional guide. Never seen so many fish. Check out this clip: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q...shingPinks.flv

DD

Default Kodiak accommodations...

Book a hotel and you get comfortable standardization. Book a B&B and you get loved to death.

Kodiak's B&B's can be superlative and are quite reasonable.

Simply ask me at alaskanauthor@comcast.net

You can view the new Kodiak book right in this site's bookstore and there is even a free chapter to read...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

2nd the B&Bs. I take about 6 trips there a year for my job (CG Base) and I will not stay in hotel/motels anymore. You get to meet some great people and get a much better insight to what the island life is like. And like AKauthor said, you get loved to death.

Enjoy!

J

Default Call Early

You want to call a B&B as soon as you can...Kodiak books fast for rooms and charters.

Shawn
    www.ultimateislandadventures.com

The Shellikof is kind of a dive; don't know about the Russian Heritage. Best Western is a nice place. Check out the Buskin River Inn, by the airport; it is a quick walk to the river to fish.

Neither. I would go for a good B&B. Lots of them in Kodiak cater to fishermen, including places to dry your waders, freeze fish, etc. Hotels are a total hassle with that in mind. Check with the visitors bureau (kodiak.org) for a list of B&B's.

Kodiak Island Charters is the U Rascal. It's been around Kodiak longer than most of the others, and the skipper is the acknowledged expert on kings around Kodiak. Halibut are so easy for him they are almost an afterthought on most trips. Can't go wrong there. They guy is as honest as the day is long, and will sweat his guts out to make sure you have good fishing. Watch in your wake when you're fishing with him, and you'll see lots of other "name" charter companies following him around.

Default Shelikof...

...if you don't go for a B&B (which is the best bet). The other hotels mentioned are nicer but more expensive. I've stayed pretty much everywhere there is to stay in Kodiak and the last time I stayed at the Russian it was bad. The owners were obviously not mantaining the place.