Thread: Super what?

Default Super what?

Okay, for the record I'm not giving up my man card. Just saying that because I'm sure a few would threaten to revoke it when I say I'm not interested in football. In fact, I'd rather take my family ice fishing than watch the big game, and that's just what I did. We went down the road to Knik Lake, and I caught one 'bow about 14". I think it'll be tasty smoked along with a few salmon fillets from last year's dipnetting season. The kids had a blast playing on the lake, and overall I think this was a far better way to spend our afternoon than watching a football game on TV.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

You haven't been missing anything anyway.

Most boring SB commercials ever. Too bad, that was the highlight.

Very disappointing game

Sounds like a lesson learned for ya'll. Next year, break out the fishing gear and forget about football. It's much more productive.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

How were the conditions on Knik? Is there any snow? Did you drive on lake? I live 10 min away and have been wanting to get the kids down there. how thick was ice? Any comments appreciated. I went out today as well but toward the big lake area. More fun than game.
    The secret to fishing is: Fish where the fish are.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSweetPete View Post
    How were the conditions on Knik? Is there any snow? Did you drive on lake? I live 10 min away and have been wanting to get the kids down there. how thick was ice? Any comments appreciated. I went out today as well but toward the big lake area. More fun than game.
    I drove on the lake by the Knik Bar, heard audible cracking and backed off. Honestly, I probably would have been fine, but I don't like to test fate when my family is with me. we drove around to the public use area where the boat launch is at and walked out. I augured two holes (Ice thickness was around 14".) and started dropping hooks. For what it's worth, I watched a guy with a Ford Ranger mini-truck driving all over the lake boring holes and looking for the prime spot.

There are some snow banks where the plows left berms, but most of the lake is bare ice. Easily navigable.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    I drove on the lake by the Knik Bar, heard audible cracking and backed off. Honestly, I probably would have been fine, but I don't like to test fate when my family is with me. we drove around to the public use area where the boat launch is at and walked out. I augured two holes (Ice thickness was around 14".) and started dropping hooks. For what it's worth, I watched a guy with a Ford Ranger mini-truck driving all over the lake boring holes and looking for the prime spot.

There are some snow banks where the plows left berms, but most of the lake is bare ice. Easily navigable.
    Forgot to mention - I was in an 01 GMC Yukon with my wife and 6 kids and all our gear. If you're traveling light, you have no worries.

Thanks for the good info. I don't blame ya, I would have done the same. I may head out there this weekend.
    The secret to fishing is: Fish where the fish are.