Thread: Pre-game troll

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default Pre-game troll

Been dragging my herring for a couple of days with Seaviewer camera with murky water and maybe a king. Today 10 minutes into a troll this morning yielded this guy. Poor visibility made for poor footage underwater and gopro sd card was looked! Ohwell! Fish on deck before game. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391385347.600930.jpg
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

How deep were you fishing? Looks like you #2'd it Just joking; nice King man!

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anythingalaska View Post
    How deep were you fishing? Looks like you #2'd it Just joking; nice King man!
    Seaviewer has 150ft of cable, I been trolling anywhere from 18ft-50ft, this king appeared on screen when i was at 29ft, like I said it was murky so I slowed the troll from 1.8 to 1.2 and he appeared and hit it once with a miss then he got the hooks on his second pass i was in 135ft of water. It has been slow, murky water. lots of rain and wind and surf so lots of debris in water. I tried all my spots and depths to 120ft, cod and rockfish seem to hit at deeper trolls, so I tend to keep my bait at 18-40ft. 29ft means the ball drags bottom at 22ft. I should have just stayed out fishing, weather was calm rainy and the gulls I like to see where I fish were there, plus the game was slow.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com