Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WEll this is sure to cause a stir... ‘Green Decoys’ Environmental Activists Posing As

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Thumbs down WEll this is sure to cause a stir... ‘Green Decoys’ Environmental Activists Posing As

‘Green Decoys’ Environmental Activists Posing As Real Hunters and Anglers''

we have had this discussion in the past regarding a local group..

but here they make the top five..

http://tomremington.com/2014/02/01/g...s-and-anglers/

Wealthy Environmental Foundation Money Funds “Green Decoy” Groups Who Claim to Speak for Sportsmen
    Washington, D.C.—Today, the Center for Consumer Freedom announced the launch ofGreenDecoys.com, a website devoted to exposing radical environmentalists camouflaged under outdoor-sounding names whose real objective is to serve the interests of their wealthy backers. Five groups of particular interest are theIzaak Walton League of America, Trout Unlimited, Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, and Bull Moose Sportsmen’s Alliance.

nothing new here...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

http://www.greendecoys.com/

Environmental and left-wing foundations have poured millions into “sportsmen,” “hunting,” and “angling” groups, using them as cover to push their pet causes.
    See the evidence, and learn about the fringe agendas of these organizations.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    ‘Green Decoys’ Environmental Activists Posing As Real Hunters and Anglers''

we have had this discussion in the past regarding a local group..

but here they make the top five..

http://tomremington.com/2014/02/01/g...s-and-anglers/

nothing new here...
    Nothing new indeed, given that the "original" "environmentalists" were "real hunters and anglers", and continue to be to this day. The false premise being floated here is that "real hunters and anglers" don't care or shouldn't care about the environment, and that's simply ridiculous.

This is so much self serving hypocritical tripe. First this bozo says we should "...drop the left/right paradigm nonsense." Then he goes on to describe the organizations he's attempting to smear as receiving money from "left-wing" foundations which also contribute money to Planned Parenthood (as if some association with Planned Parenthood was somehow bad, let alone relative to the subject of environmentalism), and "liberal" groups.

Here's a little tip for you Vince: "real hunters and anglers" ARE "environmentalists", and that's a GOOD thing.

My respect for you drops another notch every time you post this kind of divisive garbage.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Trout Unlimited. Because advocating for trout habitat obviously involves advocating for clean water and less dams.

And of course clean water means commie hippy.

Default Green Decoys.com

I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

What, exactly, did you think was "interesting" about it? Just a coincidence that Vince posted it to the Alaska Management Forum, and then you replicated it here? Is spreading divisiveness your only purpose in life?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Sorry, Vince - 'iofthetaiga' Nails it.
    Absolutely ridiculous. The sad part here being that the 'false premise' pointed out has adherents living that blind 'gospel'. Not only is this divisive, but outright damaging.
    "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

Good stuff Vince! Here's some more from http://tomremington.com/:

After much consideration of the evidence, it is the firm conviction of the many researchers involved in seeking data for the exposure of the globalists, that this Rome-based nexus acts via major players and place-people within Papal and Royal knighthood orders, hierarchic Satanic orders and high-level Masonic rites, orders, obediences, the Frankist Sabbataian Papal-loyal Masonic Labor Zionists, and then through the elite policy management groups and intelligence, financial, military and political place-people to create what is referred to as the New World Order.

The mystical-religious impulse behind this Jesuit/Vatican-planned New World Order – contrary to the in-house rhetoric of the Papacy and their false opposition of the occult secret societies – is not that of Christ, but the spirit of Antichrist.
    ................wouldn't this guy be a hoot to sit around the fire in moose camp and have a few toddies with? Maybe this Rick Berman could tag along, he seems like a real down-to-earth fella....
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

How are facts decisive?

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Here's a little tip for you Vince: "real hunters and anglers" ARE "environmentalists", and that's a GOOD thing....
    Not necessarily so. We need some definitions here. There is a difference between and Environmentalist and a Conservationist.

Environmentalist would say... "Don't cut down those trees" and chain himself to it or drive spikes in it.... Ecoterrorism

Conservationist, like my Grampa the Lumberjack would cut the trees down and then replant them.

con·ser·va·tion·ist

: someone who works to protect animals, plants, and natural resources or to prevent the loss or waste of natural resources : a person who is involved in conservation

en·vi·ron·men·tal·ist

: a person who works to protect the natural world from pollution and other threats

"other threats" can be hunters, fishermen in addition to the lumberjack.

The Environmentalist says "look don't touch!" where the Conservationist says "use and care for..."

I'll go as far to say that most hunters and fishermen are Conservationists and that most Environmentalists (at least the activist groups) are not driven by the desire to conserve/preserve the environment for hunting and fishing or any other "hands on" use.

Like it or not there is a difference between the two, a division, yes, it is divisive. If we avoid issues because they are divisive then we might as well throw in the towel, become a Communist State and allow the State to make all our decisions for us. Give up our right to think and reason and voice our opinion. No thanks.

One can read this guys article, look at the organizations mentioned and make up his own mind if he agrees with him or not and whether or not you support those orgs. What's wrong with that?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Now days everything is about the "Spin", I think skillful writers could spin that Mother Theresa was an evil, selfish, money hungry witch.

Yeah, lots of good info there on ol' Tom's site.
    http://tomremington.com/miscellaneous/power/
    thanks for the morning laugh Vince and MT.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default Selective Parsing

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Now days everything is about the "Spin", I think skillful writers could spin that Mother Theresa was an evil, selfish, money hungry witch.
    Yes,

If a man says 'sustainability' , he is shouted down as an 'environmentalist'.
    If he says he is a 'conservationist', he is claimed to be (oh vile of vilest) a 'preservationist'.

One man wants 'his' now, another might be thinking of his grandchildren - and the issues persist.

What we do 'on the ground' really defines the man.
    "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

I just spent (ok, WASTED) a few minutes skimming through the website linked by the OP, and well, if any of you want to cite either that article, the author, or his blog as "news" OR credible, then I'd wager you spend a ton of time at the checkout stand in Safeway reading the "news" rags there as well, "Look honey Elvis was spotted having lunch with John Wayne at an iHop outside of Yuma!", "Wow, crop circles where created by intergalactic Beduvian Orange Moles who are signaling their mothership"...Or..."Lookie here, Miley Cyrus is really Rush Limbaugh in drag!!!"....

...Ok, so that last one does seem plausible.....

Either way, that website is junk. The author is a guy with a keyboard, and as we see here everyday, that only allows him to get his stupidity out to his brethren faster.
    Last edited by Brian M; 02-02-2014 at 15:16.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Is spreading divisiveness your only purpose in life?
    I'm sure each reader of this thread, or of Vince's, can decide for themselves what they find interesting, if they do.
    As far as the above quote.................The ONE person who has consistently spread divisiveness on this forum is not me. A co chair of ABHA has regularly pointed fingers at hunters who differ from him and criticized their involvement in hunting. This person has coined terms such as "true hunter", "Joe Bubba" and others to divide hunters in to those he approves of and those he does not.
    I am guilty of providing information. Nothing more.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    I have rarely seen anything so offensive as some of the tinfoil hat conspiracy garbage posted on that website.

About forty years ago I called DU and told them they were screwing up our duck hunting on the Texas coast with their refuges. Their reply was their goal was to save ducks by offering good habitat forever.The name is ducks unlimited not folks making it easier to kill ducks so some day they may be all gone. A light clicked on and I have been supporting these type of groups ever since.JMOFO
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

One need only look at DU or RMEF and see the same thing.And then there is the Alaska moose group?
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by akjeff View Post
    How are facts decisive?

If they were, indeed, facts, it'd be salient to the discussion. Instead it is nothing more than blather from an extremist blog, posted by a person who thinks conservation means waiting until she's 17, and I'm prettttty sure you meant divisive........
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Well are they facts or not? You want to discredit them based on? You can prove they are a fabrication, how?

It appears the "greenies" on this site are attempting to obfusticate the issues brought up on this blog. Why is that?

Thanks to martentrapper for bringing this to our attention, make note of the greenies attacking him for it.....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast