Thread: 2014 Alaska SCI Banquet Line Up

Default 2014 Alaska SCI Banquet Line Up

All,

It's that time. Our annual banquet is coming to the Dena'ina Center February 21st and 22nd. Here's the brochures for Friday:

and Saturday:

-We have a great line up of educational opportunities with a bear skinning seminar and by request an all new legal sheep judging seminar free for attendees.

-We have over 100 guns we are giving away over the two nights.

-Tons of silent auction items.

-Vendors from all over the world including Spain, New Zealand, Africa, and the lower 48.

-And an impressive live auction menu for both Friday and Saturday nights. I have submitted the tentative live auction schedule for Friday and Saturday to our webmaster to post on the website, so stay tuned.

Friday includes 6 quality plains game hunts, a transported north slope caribou hunt, 2 New Zealand hunts, 5 North American big game hunts (including 1 mule deer hunt, 2 elk hunts, 1 pronghorn hunt, 1 turkey hunt), 1 Spanish hunt, 4 international wing shooting hunts, as well as a lioness hunt in Africa.

Saturday we have 2 Alaskan hunts (transported moose, guided black bear fly out hunt) 7 plains game hunts, 2 dangerous game hunts in Africa (a cow cape buffalo hunt and a bull cape buffalo/bull sable hunt), 7 North American big game hunts (including 1 pronghorn hunt, 1 mule deer hunt, 2 elk hunts, 1 whitetail hunt, 1 turkey hunt), 3 New Zealand hunts, 1 Australia hunt, 1 Spanish Hunt, 4 international wing shooting hunts, North American wish shooting hunts, fishing trips, art, jewelry, and furs.

Tickets are $50 for adults and $20 for children Friday. Saturday all tickets are $85.

To Purchase Tickets:

https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?ticketing=aksci

Saturday has sold out for the last 2 years at +950 people, so get your tickets now. Friday we met our goal of 450 last year and this year we are well on our way of meeting our goal of 650 people. We have a great lineup and I hope to see you there!

Brett

AK SCI BOD
    Live Auction Co-Chair

Tickets are going quickly for Saturday night. Friday is selling well also.

Brett

Thanks Brett. Got ours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Can a person just go to the sheep judging seminar? Do we need to buy a banquet ticket for that portion only??

You don't need a ticket to attend. I would call to verify the specifics on the seminar. It may also be on the website. The banquet is so big that we focus on certain things and my focus is the live auction. Sorry I don't have all the answers to give on times ect.

Brett

are they currently looking for mounted alaskan animals for the taxidermy pnl??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would contact John Riggs from our board who handles the taxidermy. You can find his info here:

http://www.aksafariclub.org/#!contact/c1fgp

Brett