Thread: Question about Deshka Landing boat launch

Default Question about Deshka Landing boat launch

We are going to launch there Thursday and Friday, we have never been there. Is there a lot of room to launch? I ask because we want to take our 30 foot motorhome and was wondering if there was room to launch the jet boat with it. (turning around and such). The jet boat we are using is 20 feet.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Deshka launch

you should not have too much trouble launching, it is in the pull out that could prove difficult. The ramp is kinda steep for a 30ft motorhome trying to pull a boat out of the water. Never fear though, they will not leave you stuck on the ramp on Fri., someone will come to your rescue. As for thursday night, find a place to tie up and leave your boat in the water. Have fun.

Proving you're capable of backing your boat into the water with your motorhome, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. There's plenty of room for turning and the ramp's grade is no problem. People have been launching heavy boats with big motorhomes there for years.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.funley View Post
    you should not have too much trouble launching, it is in the pull out that could prove difficult. The ramp is kinda steep for a 30ft motorhome trying to pull a boat out of the water. Never fear though, they will not leave you stuck on the ramp on Fri., someone will come to your rescue. As for thursday night, find a place to tie up and leave your boat in the water. Have fun.
    Correct, except for the advice to leave the boat in the water overnight. Simply against the rules and totally unfair to all the other users that want to use the marina as intended. Unattended boats are not allowed in the marina. Check with the staff about this one, and better yet, please read the common sense set of rules they have; Everyone will have a more enjoyable time, if they are followed. They also have nicer places to park the motorhome, other than the main parking lot. For a better introduction to the place, I suggest you go to deshkalanding.com, their website and look at the photos and rules. Tight Lines

Default In the water

Excuse me. My post does not say to leave the boat unattended in the marina. It simply states to leave it in the water there are plenty of places outside of the marina to tie up and not be in the way I do it all of the time. Several days just last week. Or drag it out.