Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SURPRISE: You're Eating Fukushima Radiation and Bloody, Cancerous Tumors in Fish

Default SURPRISE: You're Eating Fukushima Radiation and Bloody, Cancerous Tumors in Fish

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

The price of Geiger counters in Alaska just went up.

Potbuilder, are you going to sell your boat and stop commercial fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Potbuilder, are you going to sell your boat and stop commercial fishing?
    Already have sold my PWS permit & bowpicker. I wouldn't invest one single dime in any west coast commercial fishery till the truth is known about fukushima !! Boat can still be used for a play boat in the sound or i'll tow it back where it came from and go fishing back there. If 50% of that radiation scare is true and the seafood does have it then all the fisheries out here are done. Would you take the chance of feeding that to your family ???

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I know you are just relaying an article steve but I gotta call BS on the article. That first picture of that pink can be found here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease...ites_in_salmon

Fish was caught in 2009... Two years prior to the disaster. I think they are parasitic in nature, henneguya I think. Pike affected??? Really??

Frickin hate media that twists stories for whatever reason. I think it's a real concern and therefore BS like this does nothing to help.

Just to add, the photo further down of the "Alberta Pike" is posted on an outdoors forum just like this for Alberta back in 2008. And the herring photo is from a story that explained they were already seeing this problem in 2011 (too early for any radiation issues to be showing up on the west coast) and suspect some form of virus.

If I recall correctly, this turner radio network source is known for false news stories, especially about the nuclear situation.

I somewhat jumped the gun. I assumed (and we all know the saying) it was Turner Broadcasting which is a huge media conglomerate. It's some dufus who actually got banned from the web and so now its under new ownership...Still...

A copy of the front of turner radio homepage...lol.

Welcome to the Turner Radio Network. As of December, 10, 2010, this web site is under new ownership. The former owner, radio host Hal Turner, was Ordered by United States District Court Judge Donald Walter, to divest himself of control or ownership of all websites after his conviction at a THIRD federal trial of "Threatening" federal officials. He is not allowed to own, control or contribute content to web sites until the end of his probation in October, 2015. Hal Turner no longer has any connection whatsoever to this web site and does not contribute to its content..

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Please don't join in -- or add to -- the paranoia and media circus. While the radiation will be detectable by very sensitive intruments, all water sampling and modeling incidates that the added radiation in Alaska and west coast will be only slightly above existing background levels.

I may start fishing at night and look for the glowing fish. Should make them easier to find.

Life is too short to pass up a day of hunting

The rumor is true about the nuclear contamination issues. Look at the shrimp I caught last summer.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I've read up on this a bit after seeing frightening maps online, I'm not as worried after reading up on it. For those interested:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...h-of-a-banana/
    and
    http://www.pnas.org/content/early/20...34110.full.pdf

Stop eating bananas gentlemen.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post

The rumor is true about the nuclear contamination issues. Look at the shrimp I caught last summer.
    I want to go shrimp where Dave goes
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

I believe in the "conspiracy" that the fish farming industry may be partly funding some of the false, fear mongering stories, to ruin the commercial fishing economy.

Interesting to note that there is no way that I can find to even contact the source of that story (TRN). There is no contact link, e-mail address, phone number, etc... anywhere on the site. No way for someone to give them any feedback, news tips, or inside information on some conspiracy. The format of the page is something a 5-year old could build.

I wonder how a pike that would die within minutes of being in salt water could get contaminated in the pacific ocean? that story is total garbage. Oh by the way in read in the Natl Enquirer that Elvis is alive and well in Detroit and that the world is going to end in December 2012

I've caught silvers in Montana Creek (Juneau area) with tumors like the silvers out of Hydaburg. Two this year and one last year out of about a dozen fish caught there each year. I could see the egg sized balls bludging out of the skin though. Kept the first one and the tumors looked exactly like this one, there were 20 or so of them. Tossed the two back from this year.

Sounds like Chichen Little the sky is falling [ kids story ] SID

A perfect example of use oats.... The kind you shovel out from behind a horse.

Commercial salmon fishers in Seattle are having their own lab tests done in order to allay customers' fears about radiation....everything sounds okey dokey so far: http://www.lokifish.com/scrapbook_detail.php
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast