Thread: The Geat Alaska Boat Show at the NorthWay Mall in Anchorage

Default The Geat Alaska Boat Show at the NorthWay Mall in Anchorage

Has anyone been to the boat show yet at the Northway Mall?

How long does it run for?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Should last until this Sunday I believe.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    How long does it run for?
    The Great Alaska boat show at the Northway mall ends on Saturday, Feb 1st.
    All the boats get packed up Saturday evening. Sunday is super bowl and the game pretty much kills all the traffic.

Anyone have a link showing the vendors at the show? Many thanks.

Wasn't impressed with the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I went today, and it is Hewescraft heaven, a 26 Duckworth, 2 awesome Riverhawk open tiller skiffs, some G3s, SeaArks, a Lund, Silvetstreak fabrications, and a decent GaryKing inflatable setup.

I'd like a Riverhawk with a full width, full height 25" transom for SE to round out my flotilla. They had a great paint, finish, and price.

Sobie2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon77 View Post
    Anyone have a link showing the vendors at the show? Many thanks.
    It should be called "Dewey's Cook Inlet Expanded Showroom" boat show. They are the only "Vendor" that I'm aware of. Not dissing Dewey's at all, just not a multiple vendor show. The Anchor's Aweigh Boat show is where there are multiple vendors, but Dewey's is not present at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    It should be called "Dewey's Cook Inlet Expanded Showroom" boat show. They are the only "Vendor" that I'm aware of. Not dissing Dewey's at all, just not a multiple vendor show. The Anchor's Aweigh Boat show is where there are multiple vendors, but Dewey's is not present at that one.
    Most boat stores will be at the anchor away show. Dewey's doesn't do that show.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

There is no more AMDA boat show. They killed it due to low attendance and high cost to the vendors and consumers at the convention center. They are trying to rebrand themselves as boating safety advocates and less emphasis on the show... ( NONE ). Seems interesting that they have not made this more public.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Most boat stores will be at the anchor away show. Dewey's doesn't do that show.

Stopped by last night but no one around except Jim King with Alaska series inflatables. Long story short I bought one of his tenders to replace the smaller one I bought from him 8 years ago. His prices were significantly better then what they were at the Sportsman show last year so couldn't pass on it. His inflatable are the only ones with a grizzly claw armer bottom molding, in 8 years we have never has a puncture and we go to shore every day when on the sound.So if your looking for a great light weight durable tender go check them out.

I did walk around and look at some of the boats, got a bad case of sticker shock. At 140k+ for a 26ft cuddy seems out of the park, but I haven't really looked at NEW boat prices for a few years.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Quote Originally Posted by breausaw View Post
    Stopped by last night but no one around except Jim King with Alaska series inflatables. Long story short I bought one of his tenders to replace the smaller one I bought from him 8 years ago. His prices were significantly better then what they were at the Sportsman show last year so couldn't pass on it. His inflatable are the only ones with a grizzly claw armer bottom molding, in 8 years we have never has a puncture and we go to shore every day when on the sound.So if your looking for a great light weight durable tender go check them out.

I did walk around and look at some of the boats, got a bad case of sticker shock. At 140k+ for a 26ft cuddy seems out of the park, but I haven't really looked at NEW boat prices for a few years.
    Jay
    As much as you guys go to the beach in the Sound Jim should make you his poster child for his rafts !!! They should have chairs by every price list for those boats !! Maybe a heart start machine (Defibrillator) for the really high priced models !!!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692