Thread: Trapping Report

Default Trapping Report

Caught a few marten yesterday and found some promising wolverine sign. Seen a mixed bag of tracks which leads me to think the animals are really moving in these warmer temps.

Nice and prime!

wolf

wolverine

lynx

Got real luck and found a old wolf kill that the wolverine are tearing up. Look closely and you can see their individual tracks in the muck.

I set it with a couple of bucket sets..

and

Finished set with 2 buckets on either side of the kill. Hoping for a good next check!

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Caught a few marten yesterday and found some promising wolverine sign. Seen a mixed bag of tracks which leads me to think the animals are really moving in these warmer temps.

Nice and prime!
    Maybe it's the way you took the picture, but the marten on the left looks huge!

Looks like you found a nice honey hole Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Looks like you found a nice honey hole Steve!
    Hoping so bronco! We'll know Friday night when season ends. Taking my lucky charm (youngest daughter) in for a overnight camping/trapping excursion. With this warmer weather we'll be on the look out for the bears..

Steve, once the wolverine season closes you can set it up for wolves right ? I know there is the chance of catching a wolverine but if you hang your snares nice and high and back a few hundred yards so the wolverines can duck under them and not use foot holds it might work out for you
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Quote Originally Posted by otterman View Post
    Steve, once the wolverine season closes you can set it up for wolves right ? I know there is the chance of catching a wolverine but if you hang your snares nice and high and back a few hundred yards so the wolverines can duck under them and not use foot holds it might work out for you
    Hi Todd, thats exactly what I was thnking. Heard this weather has put a damper on your season. Seems to be state wide. Weather isn't a factor for me so far but dealing with the animal crashes is. Having to scout more country...

ya pretty much everyone out here has had to snap traps waiting on some more cold and snow it looks like late May the rivers I need to cross to access my line are wide open. I hope you get that wolverine and a few wolves after
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Otterman,

I have been a lurker here for a long while. I tried to send you a PM but I apparently don't have permissions. I'm interested in a sea otter hat. If you are interested, please send me a PM with contact information.

Thanks, and sorry to hijack this thread with an off topic post. I tried the PM route first.

Jim

Sorry everyone, I was able to get a message to Todd.

Thanks,

Jim