Thread: Five Years of Birthdays

Default Five Years of Birthdays

Well after many many years of shouldering my trusty 870s I finally told my wife that I knew what I wanted for my next FIVE birthdays. She looked sideways at me and asked what I had in mind. At any rate, after doing quite a bit of research I am now the proud owner of a Benelli SBEii. Went out yesterday and broke her in with three rounds of trap. I should have made this move years ago... What a sweet gun. Having always shot a pump I felt like I was supposed to be doing something more. Lightweight, very easy on the recoil and just a lot of fun to shoot. I was a bit surprised that I shoot my three best rounds ever-with a gun I had never shot before..... Can't wait until next fall....
    Ruby at the end of a good day.

Great guns, I love mine, it was a Christmas present from my wife. Be sure and thourghly clean out all the heavy grease they come with, had problems the first season with jamming due to the heavy factory grease (factory tech told me to), but since then has been great. Bud
    Wasilla

Bud - any recommendation on a solvent to remove the grease or did you just disassemble and wipe down?

Im betting you'll be a happy hunter. Great gun. Light, and I love the feel. A gun has to 'feel' right to the owner. It does, for me. Enjoy!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

While the 870 was my good to gun for many years and it brought down more than it's share of birds, I'm really please with the SBEii. Not only light but the kick is almost WAY less. Need to run some 3-1/2" through the gun to see what that feels like but based on the three boxes of 2-3/4" I put thru the gun yesterday it should be much lighter than the 870. My buddy is not too happy as my percentage on the range went up considerably. Guess that's not surprising since it seemed to me like I had all day long between the high house and the low house on doubles. With my 870 I spent all that time pumping.

I know exactly how you feel. I shot a Winchester ranger pump gun from age 14 to 35. I then finally broke down and spent the money on a benelli m2. That was 8 years ago now and I still love that benelli. I should have switched much sooner.