Thread: Add/Upload image to thread not working.

Default Add/Upload image to thread not working.

When I click 'Select Files', it wont bring up the browsing screen. When I click 'Basic Uploader', it brings up the browsing screen and lets me select the file, but then won't upload it when I click 'Upload file'. Anyone else having the same issue? Or maybe it's just my computer?

Default store'm offsite

Even if you get that to work, that is a short term solution. Before long at all that space will be full and you'll need to store your images offsite, like on photobucket or such (for free) and just point to the image from this site. It shows the picture visually so much better anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure someone will come by with a helpful answer soon, but in the mean time here is a better/longer-term answer.

Does anyone know how much room (file size) there is for storing images here? Don't have photobucket.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Anythingalaska View Post
    When I click 'Select Files', it wont bring up the browsing screen. When I click 'Basic Uploader', it brings up the browsing screen and lets me select the file, but then won't upload it when I click 'Upload file'. Anyone else having the same issue? Or maybe it's just my computer?
    I'm having the same problem. Can't upload anything, can't delete many of my older uploads, and the files reflected in the uploader are not consistent with the files reflected in my SETTINGS > ATTACHMENTS file. Something is definitely corrupted.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, fellas. I'll pass it along to someone who knows more about the inner workings of the vBulletin software. In the meantime, I always use photobucket for my images here. Works way more smoothly. Still, we'll try to get this fixed.

Thanks Brian. A parallel issue that has existed for a long time is that any uploads associated with closed threads become 'orphaned' in my SETTINGS > ATTACHMENTS, such that I can no longer select and delete them...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Just jumping in here on the fly... Brian alerted me to this situation, so I checked with our main forum IT person. He was not able to duplicate the problem after taking a pretty deep look. No database corruption, so that's not it. He suggested it might be an issue with the computer of the person having the problem?

There is a known issue concerning images in closed or deleted threads, but VBulletin has indicated that it's pretty low on their list. They are aware of it though. Perhaps we'll see a patch in a future upgrade.

Brian will have to address the allocated space for images per member. It's different for different levels of membership. His suggestion of opening a PhotoBucket account is really the simplest solution and it gives excellent results without dipping into your storage bank. And it's free! If it helps to know, that's what I do with my images too.

Please keep us in the loop on any other issues you are seeing and we'll do our best to address them.

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I am not able to copy image over from Photobucket....just showing up as a blue box.

I'm not able to copy from photobucket or my photo file on my pc. Attachment 78006

oop.. basic uploader worked!

edit: guess not lol
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

It will need to be under and image:

Like this:

[img] your image contact information in here... copied from photobucket [/img]

It's all in the coding.
    On the right hand side of the image, you will have to copy it until it's highlighted or populates under 'copied'.
    If you are still having problems, post the URL and use the coding above without breaks.
    PM me if you still have issues.

I hope that helps.
    COtoAK
    Lurker.

Lurker.

Thank you!

Did it work?
    Lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    Did it work?

Yes it did.