Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Request Wasilla GUNSHOW Report.........NO Sniviling PLEASE

Default Request Wasilla GUNSHOW Report.........NO Sniviling PLEASE

So how was the Wasilla Hockey Boosters Gunshow.......???

Lots of People in attendance.......???

Did you buy anything........???

What was/is the cheapest AR-15 price.......????

See any interesting displays.......???

Any pre-64' M-70's

If you are always Pee'doff at the prices and what is offered............Please explain why you keep going to gunshows expecting things to be the way you think they should BE.......

I been pee offed for year at this show and this is the reason I refuse to give them my money to get in. So that is the reason I do not keep on going

Smile Gun show

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post

Any pre-64' M-70's

If you are always Pee'doff at the prices and what is offered............Please explain why you keep going to gunshows expecting things to be the way you think they should BE.......
    I don't Mind paying a fair price But I hate people that scalp…And I hate even more...that so many in our shooting community are so quick to try it these days…I think its a black mark on our Sport as a whole and refuse to do business with individuals so readily willing to sink to that level…. IMHO they are less then scum…They are also killing a good sport .I don't want anything to do with the individuals…I feel dirty just thinking about them.

Went to day at about 10-11 am…was fairly crowded but I have seen it Worse…I did not price but one colt a r15 and it was going for 1200.00

I could get the same gun at wal-mart for 1100 but at least 1200 was not the scalpers prices I have seen in the past. There were some Vendors still trying to scalp for 22 lr but i didn't pay attention weather or not they were getting any hits.

There was a great display with flavored beef Jerky but nothing that really caught my eye … nothing like some of the WW2 Type displays they have had in the past years.

I did not look for pre 64 era M70's so I do not know.

I stopped at a booth upstairs run by Snowhawk Distributers and Jerry Wasson sold me 4 lbs of Varget for very reasonable pre panic prices…. This alone has made it worth the trip for me….And Jerry has a gained a new loyal customer to boot.

I also managed to buy a 1 lb of H380…… Another Score.

All in All this was the first show in 2 Years that wasn't a waste of time to attend…. I enjoyed the trip and it was worth the time to go.

Why don't you swing in and see for yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you can’t tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Default Great show - IF..

Like most gun shows it was very good and had some real bargains IF you have an open mind and know a deal when you see one. I didn't get there until around 11:30 so I'm sure I missed some early bargains.

I did pick up a nice unmodified Old Model Ruger Blackhawk in .357 for $175. That buy made the trip worthwhile. I wasn't looking for one but I know a deal when I see one.

Friend with me picked up a new unfired Rem 870 that had picked up some rust spots from improper storage for $225. He was looking for a shooter not a looker so he was quite happy with his find.

As to pre-64 model 70s - there was a nice looking orginal .338 Win Mag for $1300 asking. If I wasn't in a temporary cash bind I would have bought it in a heartbeat. It was still on his table when I left around 3:00 PM.

Sorry you missed out on some real deals - next time, or perhaps tomorrow, get your buns up there and check it out instead of sitting around crying in your beer about the good ole days

Any pre-64' M-70's

Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Is it going on tomorrow?
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by Rod in Wasilla View Post
    Why don't you swing in and see for yourself?
    That's what I was thinking. And he just had his monthly shower, too. He's ready for the dance!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I almost always enjoy gun shows, and I don't miss many of them.

This one was super crowded. Most of the guns were overpriced IMO. I saw some good deals, though, so I think that there was less Jacking up prices than the last 3 shows.

I got a lb. of powder, a box of 1000 primers, and some brass.

There was a stupid ole fart who wanted $80.00 for bricks of 22 LR. I THINK it was the same guy I saw before, at another show.

That's beyond scalping. I'm thinking he's sold some at that price before, or he wouldn't keep trying. I didn't linger at that table, and I feel sorry for him.

I saw a great many guns that were antiques, or sort of antiques, and it seemed to me, that's where most of the overpricing was.

One guy had 3 NEW 10mm EAAs, for $519.00 each, IIRC. I've not seen EAAs at a gun show before. I was impressed with them and the price.

There were other guns that appealed to me, but not enough, I guess.

I think that TVfinak has the right attitude, for everyone, even those not as knowledgeable as he is.

Only $5.00 to get into the show, so I don't understand how someone can get so POed that they wouldn't even attend.

I saw little reason to think that Gun Shows will ever end, unless the government succeeds in stopping them, because they're still very popular.

It will be open again, tomorrow. I hope that's a GOOD report.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I walked in and within 30 minutes found the rifle I was looking for at a reasonable price and bought it. Before I made it out to the parking lot 10 people had offered to buy it from me.

Puma 16" 454 Casull can be hard to find and I finally have my Saddle combo in 454 so I wasn't at all interested in turning around and selling it.
    (I picked up the Raging Bull 2"1/4 about 2 weeks ago)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by normK View Post
    I walked in and within 30 minutes found the rifle I was looking for at a reasonable price and bought it. Before I made it out to the parking lot 10 people had offered to buy it from me.

Puma 16" 454 Casull can be hard to find and I finally have my Saddle combo in 454 so I wasn't at all interested in turning around and selling it.
    (I picked up the Raging Bull 2"1/4 about 2 weeks ago)
    Nice rifle! I think it would match my Toklat better...wanna sell it???

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

How much you give for it, one of those is on my wish list.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    How much you give for it, one of those is on my wish list.
    I paid $500 for it and it just so happens that there was one more left at downstairs on the gym floor going for $750 that looked to be brand new. Of course someone might have snagged that one too.

I thought you said no sniveling???

I was surprised to see a couple examples of the Tavor, and the Keltec KSG, not to mention the insanely overpriced PMR30. Also two vendors had blued Marlin lever guns labeled '1895SS'. I was under the impression 'SS' indicated stainless, but I'm no expert. Overall, not a bad show, I didnt leave totally disappointed like I have in years past.

I hit it a bit to late. I had hoped to find a decent beater mosin or something similar but didn't find anything that struck my fancy. I also didn't see any powder that I could use. We took about an hour and a half and only shelled out the $5 entry fee.

What was the prices on the Mosins?

I don't go but my buddy did locate his rifle that was stolen last year. So it wasn't a total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishkill View Post
    I don't go but my buddy did locate his rifle that was stolen last year. So it wasn't a total waste.
    Located it at the gun show? Details please!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Located it at the gun show? Details please!
    Yes. Details.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishkill View Post
    That's pretty interesting, wonder if that happens very often...stolen weapons at gun shows. How would a potential buyer make sure the firearm wasn't stolen before he bought it...call in the serial number, before laying down the cash? So did your buddy have to buy it back, or did the Troopers get involved? How did he go about proving it was his rifle?
    "Grin and Bear It"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast