Thread: Where / Chartplotters / Anchorage

Default Where / Chartplotters / Anchorage

Too much water over the windshield and washing down the dash has killed my chartplotter.

Besides West Marine, where is a decent place to buy a new one in Anchorage. Leaving tomorrow morning for town.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default plotters

Deweys, Alaska Offshore marine, perhaps Marita sea and ski, Alaska mining and Diving all come to mind. You could probably get a better deal on line if you know what you want and you could have it delivered to your door, maybe even to your boat!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default On old seward close to Quality Auto

I believe is the Garmin Store. Not sure of the name but big garmin sign out front. Been in there once and I think they seemed alright on the prices. Accessories were pretty good too. Unless you know someone with a port supply account at West Marine. Or an employee. Got mine 50% off that way. Other wise try the Garnin store. Dewies don't have much of a selection. I didn't like what Mining and diving carried. Sportsmans has a few too.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I believe is the Garmin Store. Not sure of the name but big garmin sign out front. Been in there once and I think they seemed alright on the prices. Accessories were pretty good too. Unless you know someone with a port supply account at West Marine. Or an employee. Got mine 50% off that way. Other wise try the Garnin store. Dewies don't have much of a selection. I didn't like what Mining and diving carried. Sportsmans has a few too.
    The GPS Store is the name of this one. 522-1700

Default Order online

Go to ebay and get one online......Way cheaper. Check out Oceans Electronics on google or ebay. I got an $1800 model for 1/2 price delivered this spring.

Smile GPS

Go to Northern Lights Avionics at merrill field. Great prices and they will answer every question you will ever have!!!!!!!!!

Accupoint INC 7125 Old Seward Hwy Suite 100 907-522-1600 www.accupoint.com I bought a blue water chip there after the show and they have a lot of stuff.

Will

It's solid state so give it a few days of drying, or open it up and dry it with a blow dryer on low heat and it may be fine. Sometimes it can take a week or more to get the moisture out (leaving in closed) but they almost always heal.

Best of luck.