Thread: Mercury factory 25 jet

Default Mercury factory 25 jet

Any info on this motor appreciated. Pros cons etc. lookin hard at it for my 1444 alweld. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by hunt/trapak88 View Post
    Any info on this motor appreciated. Pros cons etc. lookin hard at it for my 1444 alweld. Thank you
    I can't help you with that specific motor. However, 25 hp does push a 14 foot skiff hard enough to get on step with 2 guys - at least my 20 hp Johnson factory jet did. Personally, while it was adequate, I think a 35-40 would have been much better. Unfortunately, my boat is only rated for 20 hp and am limited in that. If you are stuck with that too, then yes it will work. However, I think your boat will be really heavy in the stern as the 25 hp four stroke (that is the one, right??) is around 190 pounds. My 20 hp Johnson Jet was only 115 or so pounds and it was stern heavy. Good luck and hope this helps.

I agree it will be quite stern heavy. I wanted to go a lil bigger/wider, but weight is a concern as I will be throwing this guy on my cab of my 20'er. At just 255lbs the weight is right. But yes the merc is 175 ish I believe and my 225 but in the stern, she will be a lil aft. I'm not wanting to win any races but I think it will do quite well with two people and a lil gear. Should run skinny water pretty well with the tunnel and all. Any other info appreciated